These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Phone reinstall - waze beginner

Post by Hlozo
Hi,

I reinstalled my Android and logged in and can't add fuel prices until I drove 100 miles. I tried the same on a new android phone as well as on an iPhone with the same result.

The points are stored correctly (though I can't sax if the exact amount) and even my icon looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/olgxtiga1jigb ... .49.12.png

Why is this happening?

And a second thought about Android - In KitKat when I stop I realize that Waze shuts down in a while. I often see this only after I resume my drive that I need to turn it on again. Is there any workaround? This happens on different devices running different ROMs.
Hlozo

POSTER_ID:16483371

Send a message

Post by Hlozo
And I can't set the mood as well. Same reason. Beginner with a crown and 100k+ points but has to drive 100 miles to set mood.
Hlozo
Send a message

Post by Hlozo
The thing is that it checks my number, I am correctly logged in, and still - the benefits are not there and the fact you are not allowed to report anything or change the icon is just annoying.
Hlozo
Send a message

Post by SwenVandenberk
When waze is not on the foreground and you're standing still for a certain time, waze will shut down so it won't collect incorrect data on the segment you're on. Working as designed...
SwenVandenberk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SwenVandenberk
It takes a few days before waze recognizes you correctly as an existing user with all benefits after you've switched to a new phone or did a complete reinstall. This will sort itself out
SwenVandenberk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message