These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

2 year user - just got new iPhone but points at 0?

Post by j2tha11
I went thru the points troubleshooting guide...

1. logged into my dashboard
2. made sure I was on the US server

but I'm still showing as a baby Wazer at 0 points but with Waze for 2 years?!?!? All my saved locations/favorites are gone as well....frustrating

what can I do to recover team?
j2tha11

POSTER_ID:16999578

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Was j2tha7 your username before? Or was it your nickname? Did you use it to log in to Waze or did you use facebook?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
j2tha7 wrote:I do remember there were times where Waze would bring up 2 accts of mine which i had no idea where the 2nd came from. One would show 0 activity and the other had all my activity. I would always select the main one....it did that without me having to log out or in....just popped up when i opened the app to head in to work or wherever. Do you work for Waze? Are you able to look this stuff up?
I do not work for Waze. For money.

What does http://www.waze.com/dashboard show for your user stats?

Do you remember what the other account name was? What if you were to try resetting the password and logging in with that one?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
j2tha7 wrote:The dash board has my stats Zero'd out but shows Ive been a part for 2 years. I was somewhere near 100K+ in points last i checked (2-3 months ago).
Previous versions of the app let you have a "nickname" that other people on the map would see as your name, and this was different from your username you logged into Waze with. Do you know if j2tha7 was your previous username or nickname? Now you can only have one name...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by j2tha11
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Was j2tha7 your username before? Or was it your nickname? Did you use it to log in to Waze or did you use facebook?
Great question AlanoftheBerg (love the name), and thank you for the help man. I tried both....reset my password cuz i didn't remember it and it gave me my username of j2tha7....had 0 points but 2 year member? Logged out and went thru facebook....same result.

I do remember there were times where Waze would bring up 2 accts of mine which i had no idea where the 2nd came from. One would show 0 activity and the other had all my activity. I would always select the main one....it did that without me having to log out or in....just popped up when i opened the app to head in to work or wherever. Do you work for Waze? Are you able to look this stuff up?
j2tha11
Send a message

Post by j2tha7
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
j2tha7 wrote:I do remember there were times where Waze would bring up 2 accts of mine which i had no idea where the 2nd came from. One would show 0 activity and the other had all my activity. I would always select the main one....it did that without me having to log out or in....just popped up when i opened the app to head in to work or wherever. Do you work for Waze? Are you able to look this stuff up?
I do not work for Waze. For money.

What does http://www.waze.com/dashboard show for your user stats?

Do you remember what the other account name was? What if you were to try resetting the password and logging in with that one?
#1 thank you for taking the time to chat with me. The dash board has my stats Zero'd out but shows Ive been a part for 2 years. I was somewhere near 100K+ in points last i checked (2-3 months ago). its has you input your cell # and its supposed to populate from there right? (thats what the prompt says when i go to input it). I have not changed my # nor email from the time I got my 4s (2 years ago). I have no idea what the name was but i think it had a ton of #'s after it....Unsure brotha. I feel like i am at a major loss here. Do you know if there is a help# I can call to see if someone at Waze can turn this around for me?
j2tha7
Send a message