These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by uofmengineer
kjstech wrote:
jobeleca wrote:Feedback: The Waze voice recognition engine should be replaced by the Google Voice engine - since Waze is owned by Google now.

I don't use bluetooth and yet Google recognizes my voice commands in my car with about 80% accuracy and the phone is mounted two feet away on the dashboard and just using the iPhone mike.

I have yet to get Waze to recognize ANYTHING other than "cancel" after I give up in frustration after trying voice commands on each app update, even "cancel" typically takes 3-5 repetitions.

Have tried this on an iPhone 5, and iPhone 6+, and a Sony Ion (Android 4.x)
THIS!

Waze has never once recognized a single word I said. When entering a destination or any comments I usually just use the iPhones text to speech feature which is the small mic button on the IOS keyboard. That works far better when saying names or addresses.
I third this. VR is totally in-op.
uofmengineer
Send a message

Post by uofmengineer
KingGhidorah wrote:
n1david wrote:Anyone else seeing issues connecting to the network with this version?
I'm seeing it, too.

I already posted about my experience. I had to stop using Waze because of all the problems I was having. I'm hoping that I have better luck with the next version whenever it arrives.
I'm also seeing searching for network a lot. Especially when driving at higher speeds. I'm also noticing a half hour, 25 mile drive consuming 40-50MB of data between Time & Location and Waze app. Insane amount of data and only when I have a route set. With no route set same route used 500kb for a quick route calc for ETA and reporting 2 incidents.
uofmengineer
Send a message

Post by varosi
Hello!

I have issue with traffic detection and mark over the road. I had screen shot two situations.
On the first one:
image1.jpg
Img1
(172.44 KiB) Downloaded 629 times
When I mark a traffic on this boulevard it is marked until point 1 which is not real, because via short road 3 you cannot escape it in any way. So the real traffic should be marked until point 2 where there is a street with exit.

There is a similar situation on this screenshot:
IMG_0334.jpg
Img2
(161.64 KiB) Downloaded 631 times
When I marked the traffic it is marked until point 1. The real traffic is until point 2, because you cannot escape it from this dead-end road.

I hope that such situation with roads without exits could be taken into account when traffic marking.

Best regards,
Vassil
varosi
Send a message

Post by Vickman0901
I too enjoy Ichabod, but it appears that I no longer have this voice as an option. Also noticed that Terry Crews is gone as well. Why?

I have iOS 8.1 on iPhone 5s.
Machete808 wrote:Just want to add: I've been enjoying the celebrity voice option. Ichabod Crane saying: "Turn your carriage to the right." And at the end: "Ah, you've reached your destination!"

That is all.
Vickman0901
Send a message

Post by VigiNL
whoneedsroads wrote:It generally suck now.
• It is lagging,
• looses track,
• many kilometres behind where I actually am (already missed some turns using it),
• GPS speed sometimes is all over the scale (where other apps are not showing the same thing)
• the photo feature is in the way and can't be switched off
• still can't report a vehicle on the road
Above is true for a iPhone 4S running iOS 8.1 and a newly installed iPhone 5C running iOS 8.1.
The last version without the photo-feature worked nice... If I only knew a way to downgrade... :-(
It was a great app. Now it isn't anymore, I'm sorry.
I am also facing exact these problems. Also sometimes I don't get voice commands anymore. The problems appear everytime I use Waze. I am running it on an iPhone 4S with iOS 8.1. I have tried restarting my phone and removing and reinstalling Waze, but unfortunately the problems stay.

I hope this can be fixed soon.
VigiNL
Send a message

Post by vincentSunny
I upgraded from 3.9.0 to 3.9.1 on iOS 8.1 (iPhone 6 Plus). High data usage consumption on exit is still not fixed. Details is here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=113993&p=937434#p937434
vincentSunny
Send a message

Post by vloris
The useless 'friends'-button which obscures vital parts of the map near every right turn is still there. Make it go away completely or let me choose.

The geofence which has no use for me is still there. It doesn't eat my battery, but I have not the slightest clue why waze wants to know where I am a few days after I last used the app. Yes, it is active for that long!!

In my inbox, there is still a "New version 3.7" message. I assume it should have been about 3.9.1, but it only gives an error when I try to open it. Same problem existed in 3.8 and 3.9
vloris
Send a message

Post by vloris
n1david wrote:Anyone else seeing issues connecting to the network with this version?
Yes, have that almost at least once every ride. This is not a 3.9.1 issue btw, I'm having this problem way longer...
vloris
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Waze says "right" when the map shows "left"

I continue to get UR reports that the waze app shows a left turn, but the audible instructions are "turn right".

I don't know if the wrong instruction is being issued, or if the speaking voice is simply not clear enough.

The Waze "Samantha" voice is much less "crisp" than Siri.
Perhaps it would be possible for the app to include less-compressed sound files for "left" and "right".

For drivers keeping their eyes on the road and following the spoken instructions, the difference between "left" and "right" is very important.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
This is a serious flaw.
voludu2
Send a message