These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze buggy on iOS 8?

Post by TR-11
Good to see I'm not the only one having this issue. I've tried resetting the network settings on my iPhone, deleting and re-downloading the app, and refreshing the map within Waze, to no avail.
TR-11
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16790399

Send a message
TR-11
Area Manager: Delaware
Contributor to: Lancaster PA, Eastern Shore, MD

https://s.waze.tools/c4s.png      https://s.waze.tools/s0150.png      

Post by delorean3
Yeah I'm having the same issue. It will literally stop tracking my path and not update with turn by turn directions until after I've already made my exit/turn in some cases. And I've got 4/5 bars on my signal strength so no issues there.

Fortunately most of the time this has happened I generally knew what direction to go/road to exit at, so I haven't been misled by the app yet but I could easily see it happening. I mean I literally got off an exit, when down almost a mile and made *ANOTHER* turn before waze instructed me to get off at the exit that I had gotten off at like 2 minutes earlier.

I suspect its definitely an ios 8 issue, because I NEVER had this issue before updating. Waze really needs to patch this problem because I'm just going to drop the app altogether if it keeps up.
delorean3
Send a message

Post by pipecardona
Solution is very simple (thanks to @wazehelp): just hard reset the iPhone and voilá! I came to this forum looking for an answer on the same issue for my iPhone 5s running latest iOS and Waze versions, and trust me it works. (in case you don´t know: hard reset=press home and power buttons at the same time until the phone shuts down and reboots)
pipecardona
Send a message

Post by sk8crete
Same issue here. IOS 8.1. iPhone 4S.
All worked great until IOS 8 updates. Now I connect to network for about 5 minutes, get the route and current traffic to show, but then Waze drops network and never reconnects.

Please advise on fix!!!!!
sk8crete
Send a message

Post by squidgy1967
I've been unable to use Waze for the last couple of days. All I get is searching for network even though I have four bars and 3G. Can't navigate anywhere as it can't find where I'm going. I've also tried deleting the app and reloading it. I've also deleted it of my iPad in case it was conflicting. Very frustrating :?
squidgy1967
Send a message

Post by XKaliber
Great to not see it's specific to my phone, configurations or blame it on the iOS update. It's quite apparent this happened within the last 2 updates on Waze. I don't suffer loss of connectivity or GPS on other apps - including mapping/GPS ones.

I started noticing the (supposed) network loss. Everything you've experienced, I can attest to as well. Before I started noticing this distinct pattern, I posted something similar to this (or as a result of this). Do you suffer from any unusual data consumption as well? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=113993
XKaliber
Send a message