Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CBenson wrote:There are rumors that waze has addressed this in the current beta. But I haven't seen it yet.
They claim to have, and I've seen it, but haven't gotten to testing it specifically. I've found too many other bugs.

Implementation is poor, IMO, as they added a new Setting, instead of using the existing on-screen button. I don't understand that and have made my disappointment known to the developers. The way they did it is illogical.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dmcconachie wrote:Preferably a tri-state toggle [Off, Temporary, On].
Unsure of the definition of "temporary." Not sure trinary is a great idea.... Ambiguous.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dmcconachie wrote:Ambiguous? Not if it's displayed properly.
Single tap to orientate north up for say 5 seconds, display a clock over the compass. Double tap to fix north up, display a padlock over the compass.
That UI would make it unambiguous. 8-)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
North-up lock appears to be working as expected in the latest beta version. I've done a few trips with it and I think you'll like the new ability. (I dislike the UI of having the control in Settings though.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by alonsotorres
Please, please, please... have a way to LOCK the North Up view.
I know you can tap the arrow to have the map rotate to north, but this setting get lost soooo easy, any touch to the screen and it gets back to normal setting.
alonsotorres
Send a message

Post by bgodette
AlanisOfTheBerg wrote: I'm pretty sure, but could be wrong, that the current 2.4 version has Weather as an option under Hazard reporting. I know for certain that the beta 2.9 does and has Weather options currently for Forg, Hail, Heavy Rain, Heavy Snow. Looks like "ice" would be a good addition.
But does the weather still only fall on one side of the road?
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by CBenson
What device are you using? If you press the arrowlike button under the zoom out button shown here it should toggle between north up and course up.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
There are rumors that waze has addressed this in the current beta. But I haven't seen it yet.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by Dash-2
I agree, it would be nice to have the option of North up or direction-of-travel. They're both useful in certain situations but most people are accustom to one or the other.
Dash-2
Send a message

Post by djlsf
I know I'm late to this discussion, but I wanted to agree.

When I get in the car, I need immediate information on which way to get to the Bay Bridge. Waze starts spinning the map in such a way that I can't get the information. I close the app and open Google Maps, even though the Waze information may be more relevant.

Please do something about this.

Thank you.
djlsf
Send a message