Excessive junctions

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Excessive junctions

Postby Dash-2 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:49 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It's not any different in that both segments must have matching attributes, but you can also bridge instead of deleting the junction. It is more work to select two segments, bridge, then set the level back, but that used to be the only way to do it in the early days of Papyrus. ;)

I'm glad I found this topic. Alan's description of bridging was the only way I knew how (I started Wazeing with Papyrus) and it is very tedious. Especially with all the dang Pedestrian Boardwalks that cut up the roads all over town. :roll:
Dash-2

Excessive junctions

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:25 pm

It's not any different in that both segments must have matching attributes, but you can also bridge instead of deleting the junction. It is more work to select two segments, bridge, then set the level back, but that used to be the only way to do it in the early days of Papyrus. ;)
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Re: Excessive junctions

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:02 am

Use Papyrus and deleting lots of junctions is much faster once they are in place.

Both Cartouche and Papyrus have a method to select a range of a single street (one name). Works better in Cartouche right now as Papyrus does not actually let you change anything once you select with this method. You can multi-select manually and name them all at once.

The perimeter-defined idea has been kicked around a lot, and because it has the potential to be misused by altering a massive amount of objects at once, it is not going to be implemented.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Previous

Return to Waze App