Excessive junctions

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Excessive junctions

Postby gettingthere » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Are their updated Aerials of the area where you are paving roads? If so, it may be more efficient to draw the roads in the map editor vs. paving them with the Application. This way you have greater control of the number of junctions and road points.
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Excessive junctions

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:25 pm

It's not any different in that both segments must have matching attributes, but you can also bridge instead of deleting the junction. It is more work to select two segments, bridge, then set the level back, but that used to be the only way to do it in the early days of Papyrus. ;)
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Excessive junctions

Postby Kaffesnoken » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi!

I am using Waze on my Nokia C7, and generally I am very pleased with it. Both with the general accuracy of the GPS and how it works in general.
However, when I am paving new roads, they are littered with unneeded junctions. Even if I'm driving at speeds of 80 - 90 km/h it drops junctions at between 150 and 1000 meter intervals. This is a pain to remove afterwards in the map editor. I have been editing a few km's of roads, and I have seen other users driving a lot without a single junction. I would prefer this behaviour, all the time I have to manually make junctions at crossroads anyway.

I am running Waza Release 2.0.0.0 (From the about screen)
And the Nokia C7 with the Symbian Anna OS.
Kaffesnoken

Previous

Return to Waze App