These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Kaffesnoken
mapcat wrote:
noralf wrote:I don't know any other way to add city names to roads passing through several communities without splitting them with junctions. This "problem" only shows in very rural areas with only one road passing by, so I will just use this method for now.
It's really the only method you have, so don't fret over those junctions. They serve a purpose, so they're not excessive at all.
I know they have a purpose. It's just that some phone clients always create junctions between 50 and 1000 meters apart, even on long several km's of rural roads without any intersections at all. I have seen in average between 3 and 4 junctions for each km of road. On such roads I have been removing most of the junctions. I would prefer to add junctions manually instead of removing heaps of unneeded ones. I also realize that the only way to add names to towns and other places are by using junctions. Normally this is easy because there are local roads connected and junctions are there already, but when there is only ONE road past that place it becomes necessary to add junctions.
Kaffesnoken
Send a message
Area Manager, Tromsø, og Midt-Troms

Post by Kaffesnoken
This weekend I cleaned up a good stretch of road (About 20 km) consisting of small segments connected by 40 - 150 meters between junctions. This road was unroutable in one direction because ALL the junctions only were allowed routing in one direction, even if the road itself was bi-directional. Now this road only has junctions where it is needed, and hopefully it is also routable.
Kaffesnoken
Send a message
Area Manager, Tromsø, og Midt-Troms

Post by mapcat
noralf wrote:I don't know any other way to add city names to roads passing through several communities without splitting them with junctions. This "problem" only shows in very rural areas with only one road passing by, so I will just use this method for now.
It's really the only method you have, so don't fret over those junctions. They serve a purpose, so they're not excessive at all.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1