These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jayarrr
v4.21 - the schema files have gone. There are 4 new ones but they don't seem to be used. If I overwrite them, nothing changes.
jayarrr
Send a message

Post by jayarrr
Android = v5.0.1
Waze = 4.21
Old waze had a skins folder and the schema files were in default/day/12 and default/night
New waze still has a skins/default folder but no day or night folders and no files called schema.
But there are 4 files called schema_day schema_day_gray_scale schema_night schema_night_gray_scale
The contents of these the old schema so I overwrite them with my schema restart waze, switch scheme from default to map editors and back, even reboot the phone but waze still shows its schema :(
jayarrr
Send a message

Post by jayarrr
If you want to do your own colours with v4.21 (Android) Waze now uses the files skin_values.day.lua and skin_values.night.lua instead of 'schema' files.
They are text files and you can edit these files just like you can the original schema files.
By inspection, you can figure out what goes where. For example, my custom schema file has

# ROADS ###########
Freeways.Class: Road
Freeways.Stroke: #0066ff00
Freeways.Fill: #0066ff
Freeways.Declutter: 2147483647
Freeways.Thickness: 10
Freeways.Thinnest: 5
Freeways.Delta1: 0
Freeways.Shadow: #000000
Primary.Class: Road
Primary.Stroke: #00cc0000
Primary.Fill: #00cc00
Primary.Declutter: 2560
Primary.Thickness: 8
Primary.Thinnest: 4
Primary.Delta1: 0
Primary.Shadow: #000000

In the standard Waze LUA file it has

-- Roads ------------------------

freeways = rgb(0x99a28a),
primary = rgb(0xA7B7A9),
secondary = rgb(0xc4d4ca),
highways = rgb(0xbbc0ad),

So I can copy the colours across from my schema file to the LUA file

Like:

-- Roads ------------------------

freeways = rgb(0x0066ff),
primary = rgb(0x00cc00),

etc.

Some of the other features might be in the skin_structure.main.lua file if you can't find them in the values lua file
jayarrr
Send a message

Post by jayarrr
My phone has upgraded to Android 7 and now I can't find the Waze folder which makes it difficult to replace the Waze lua files with my own. :(
Have tried using Android file manager and also connecting in via the USB port but no sign of Waze anywhere.
Phone is Galaxy s6. Android is 7.0
Bit stuck at the moment.
Any suggestions?

Sorted:
Have to root the phone and install a root explorer or similar.
I used CF-Auto-Root to root the phone (blows KNOX but hey, the phone is old and out of warranty anyway).
For the file explorer I am using Total Commander.
The skin LUA files are in
/data/data/com.waze/waze/skins/default
jayarrr
Send a message

Post by jenncard
sketch wrote: 0.03b
  • Replaced default travel line with light blue travel line—much easier to see against the map
This is lovely!
jenncard
Send a message
https://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8358/em04.png
Recovering Waze addict, occasional driver and editor in LA.

Post by jgreg7
Two items:

It would be nice to have multiple choices of the map color schemes. The schemes posted here are nice, however there does not seem to be any instructions for actually implementing these in the Waze app (I use an iPhone 6). The version I have has only two choices for color schemes (default, map editors). The default is low contrast and difficult to see, the map editors color scheme blocks out the traffic colors. Look at Google maps basic color scheme when showing the traffic layer turned on - clear, and easy to read.

Also, the app designers should understand that the app is primarily used in a vehicle, where there is likely to be a wide variety of lighting conditions and glare. The color scheme should have significant contrast, especially for messages. The current version has these messages that are white text on a pale blue background, or white text on a pale yellow background. These messages appear as a colored rectangle when viewed in a car, during the daylight hours, especially on a sunny day.

If the message is important enough to create in the first place, it should have sufficient font size and contrast to view at the distance you would expect the phone to be viewed from (e.g. mounted on the dash, etc.).
jgreg7
Send a message

Post by jtonlinedotinfo
Hi.,

As I understand it, from Apple iOS 8.3 onwards it's not possible for file management programs such as iFunBox and iTools to access the Documents folder of apps that don't have 'iTunes File Sharing' enabled.

I have an iPhone running iOS 12.1.2 with Waze release 4.46.2.2 App and, as such, I can't upload Waze colour scheme changes without jailbreaking my phone.

I've looked at my iPhone using the aforementioned programs and some of the third party apps installed have file sharing enabled and some do not.

Apparently, only the developer of an iOS app can enable iTunes File Sharing. According to the author of an article I was reading online, it's an extremely easy thing for a developer to enable.

What's the best way to ask the Waze dev's if this is something they would enable for a future release? Raise a support ticket?
jtonlinedotinfo
Send a message

Post by KB_Steveo
Has anyone created a color scheme to match the new colors in WME?
KB_Steveo
Send a message
images/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png[img]https:///nRpy81[/img]
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator

Post by kelemvor33
Howdy,
This thread is huge so I'm just going to ask about the one thing I need. Is there any predefined theme, or way to modify the white border around the orange button (and the inner border in the same button) to report things? That white border causes screen burn in on OLED displays and replacing it with a black border would help to alleviate that.

This is on Android.

Thanks.
kelemvor33
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kelemvor33
fuchserl wrote:...we have to wait for Waze to correct those as well.
Yeah. I won't hold my breath. ;)
kelemvor33
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message