These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by toggeli
Dave2084 wrote:Any chance of an iOS version?
Sorry Dave2084 but this is not planned ... (I simply don't have an iPhone and don't know how to make apps for it)
toggeli
Send a message

Post by toggeli
I'll start to have a look at the issues.
@Unholy, when Waze on Android 6 installs the color schemes in the private data, then Waze don't want us to edit color schemes anymore? That's not cool ... :?
toggeli
Send a message

Post by toggeli
profor wrote:Another thing, in landscape mode the transparency bar is visible, in portrait it is not.
Resolved in TWE 1.7.3, the transparency slider is now horizontal and at the bottom.
colorpicker.png
(26.51 KiB) Downloaded 1126 times
toggeli
Send a message

Post by toggeli
Dave2084 wrote:
toggeli wrote:Thank you! Private roads and parking lots are now editable. Import from gmail attachment works: version 1.4.3 is out. Now you can import skins directly from Gmail attachments too. https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Scripts/Toggelis_Waze_Editor
Does this work on Android M with its new file permissions?
Sorry, not yet.
toggeli
Send a message

Post by toggeli
There was a problem with the shading function of the color chooser I use. This is repaired in version 1.7.4. Please tell me if you still get the black (or white) color chosers. (I was not able to reproduce this with an emulator Android 5.0.1 but I hope it is OK now).
Capture.PNG
(19.86 KiB) Downloaded 1088 times
toggeli
Send a message

Post by toggeli
fuchserl wrote:Hi all,

I created a new theme with colours that people from DACH countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland etc) are used to from paper maps.
Hi, may I ad your scheme with a thumbnail to the "Toggelis Waze Editor" page?
toggeli
Send a message

Post by toggeli
In the release notes of Waze 4.0.1.0 it is said that color schemes are now unaffected under Marshmallow.
This could mean that the schemes stay in the same public folder as under Kitkat and Lollipop, and can again be edited w.o. root. Could somebody please confirm this?
toggeli
Send a message

Post by toggeli
Hi, Waze 4 on Android Marshmallow phones does not permit for the editing of color schemes anymore (as it is under Lollipop and Kitkat) because the schemes are stored in the Waze-apps private data. Please make the schemes editable again.

Best regards,
Thomas
toggeli
Send a message

Post by toggeli
nanakara wrote:Could anyone tell me how to put those themes in the app?
I hate the look of 4.x and would like to change it to anything more appropriate.
Hi nanakara, it depends. Are you on iOS, Android Marshmallow or another Android version?
toggeli
Send a message

Post by toggeli
nanakara wrote:I use android device galaxy j5
I think I've just cracked it. But which file do I exchange?
You have to find the waze skin folder which is in the devices external storage dir, i.e. something like this (but this may vary from one device to another)
/storage/emulated/0/waze/ skins/default/day
The day folder contains 8/schema and 12/schema.
8/schema is the the "map editors" scheme, 12/schema is the default scheme.
Just replace the files with valid schema files and restart waze.
Have a look here for more details: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Custom_color_schemes
toggeli
Send a message