Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Dave2084
Not working for me:
Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.37.15 pm.png
(193.8 KiB) Downloaded 843 times
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by Dave2084
Has anyone managed to find a way to upload custom colour schemes to apple devices running iOS 8.3 yet?
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
KuniaKid wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:Not working for me:
Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.37.15 pm.png
I've requested the Dev team to look into this. Please stand by...
So did I and I was told that it's not something they are likely to do.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
I now have a method for adding custom colour schemes to the production versions of Waze in iOS 8.3 and later ... I'll post details soon!

This has been tested in iOS 8.4 and iOS 9.0.2.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Actually, it looks like we don't need this.

Waze 4.0 was released this morning and it seems to have iTunes file sharing enabled.

Note that Waze 3.x colour schemes WILL NOT WORK with 4.0. I'll post my draft 4.0 colour schemes this evening.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
So my initial colour schemes are up on the wiki, they still need a little work but you should be able to analyse them to adapt your own schemes to work with v4.0 ...

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/User:Dave2084/Colour_Schemes
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
KuniaKid wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:Waze 4.0 was released this morning and it seems to have iTunes file sharing enabled.
I think this was in error. Waze enabled file sharing in beta testing after much prodding so beta testers could access navigation instruction files. They may have forgotten and left it on release version. I'm not sure what their future plans are for iTunes files sharing.
Maybe but it's out there now. Even if they take it away, iMazing is now able to add files to the documents folder of apps that doesn't have it enabled (though isn't not as easy as it was before iOS 8.3).
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
PesachZ wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:So my initial colour schemes are up on the wiki, they still need a little work but you should be able to analyse them to adapt your own schemes to work with v4.0 ...

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/User:Dave2084/Colour_Schemes
Would you mind posting them to the custom color schemes wiki, or we can do it for you if you don't mind.

Hmmm, that's odd. I did add them along with a few basic changes to the wiki page (which needs a complete re-write now) but they don't seem to have saved properly. I'll re-add them later.

Do we think it might be better to make a separate table for v4.0 colour schemes as they are not interchangeable with v3.x ones? Maybe even a different page as the schema details are different too.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
PesachZ wrote:I'm thinking a subpage of the existing page (Custom color schemes/Schemes for 4.0+) for 4.0 might be good, and then we can transcluded part of it back to main page with a link for full details.
The problem with a sub page is that people might find the main one and not realise there is a v4 one. Really the main one should be v4 as going forward the v3.x is now legacy (I know it's not even gone into beta for android yet but soon hopefully).

The big issue is that if you are using the wrong colour scheme type you'll not have a useable map!
PesachZ wrote:Though it seems someone edited the scheme details already too possibly.
I added a few quick details but the page needs a proper examination. The actual class details haven't been changed and there are a lot of changes for v4.

Also the example schemes table is a bit of a mess, it doesn't even fit in the (narrow) waze wiki page style.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
hotabitch wrote:Hi,

I tried this night scene:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/User:PesachZ ... 015_colors

Now I'm not sure what that this was 4.0 version
That's a 3.x colour scheme.

For v4 under iOS 9 the instructions are the same as before iOS8.3 as Waze have enabled iTunes file sharing allowing you to see the document folder.

I have uploaded a couple of v4 specific schemes to the wiki, though these are set to change again in the next Waze release (which is currently in beta).
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message