These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Bluetooth not working

Post by grumpybeemer
Hi, I've been having a lot of problems with the bluetooth connection for my iphone the last few days. The voice commands just stop working half way through my route. If I close the program and re-open it, it sometimes comes back, but not all the time. I'm just curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this. It's not a hardware issue because I'm still getting calls through my phone through the bluetooth during my drive.
grumpybeemer

POSTER_ID:16869306

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Over HSP I cannot get instructions over BT at all. And, of course, input via bluetooth for voice commands is totally busted. Again.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by BGreenstone
Same here. I gave up on Bluetooth, and I just play thru the iPhone's speakers since that usually works. If I use bluetooth it tends to just stop working after a while. Sometimes it'll break if I stop the car and start again, and other times it stops just randomly for no reason. Once it stops, it's broken until I force-quit the Waze app entirely and relaunch it. Even if I try to switch back to Internal Speaker it will be silent once this happens.

-Brian
BGreenstone
Send a message

Post by catya89
I'm having problems with bluetooth since I upgraded my iPhone. Sometimes it works at first, then stops but most of the time it doesn't work at all but my other apps requiring bluetooth DO work.

anyone have any solutions?
catya89
Send a message

Post by DArtagnan117
My issue is also that Bluetooth is not working as well, but I didn't see my specific issue described - so here it goes...

Basically, prior to the latest WAZE update, turn-by-turn instructions were announced thru my Jabra Bluetooth without a problem - I could change to the phone speaker via the settings and back to 'prefer Bluetooth' - no issue...

However, after the latest WAZE update for the iPhone (using 5S v8.1) - turn-by-turn no longer works with the bluetooth - no matter if the 'prefer bluetooth' is selected or not - tried both.
BUT - what is interesting is that if you switch to another app - leaving WAZE running in the background - the turn-by-turn announcements are heard thru the bluetooth.
When you bring WAZE back to the forefront - bluetooth doesn't work - instructions are routed to the iPhone speaker.

I've removed the app - rebooted the iPhone - reinstalled the app - rebooted again - still doesn't work. I know it's not the Jabra bluetooth - because it works fine with other apps - including Google Maps, Apple Maps and NaviFree to name a few...

Has WAZE indicated when this BUG will be fixed?
DArtagnan117
Send a message

Post by Mpaffa
I am experiencing the same problem and it's a big one. I cannot pin point when or what causes it but Waze loses the bluetooth connection to my car and starts announcing through the iPhone -- which I can barely hear.

Anyone out there that can tell me why and how to fix it?
:?
Mpaffa
Send a message