These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Wave creating multiple profiles for same ppl in my contacts

Post by mosey3012
Hey there,

I recently noticed that Waze has been creating multiple profiles for the same person on my phone on its physical contact list. They are all "read only" profiles however it has gotten to the point where it will create up to 5 profiles for the same person, even for people I haven't talked to in over a year. It never did this before and at this point I'm tired of having to go through and delete out or merge all these profiles into the actual contacts real profile as it doesn't solve the issue at all. At first I was simply merging profiles with hopes that it would stop this issue however after merging more than 3 or 4 of these with a contact and waze STILL making MORE of them for the same person I'm fed up.

I absolutely adore this app and appreciate how much feedback and help it gives during my travels however I like my contact list to be easy to navigate and totally despise having to play pick a profile to see which one is the real profile I set up for that person with there contact info in it. What is the purpose of waze creating these profiles, how does it decide who to make them for, and how can I make it stop?

PLEASE HELP! I really don't wanna to get rid of this app and would like to keep recommending it to my friends and family.
mosey3012

POSTER_ID:17019640

Send a message

a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1