These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by steveinark
CrashInator wrote:I went to enter gas prices the other day, but there was no decimal key on the keyboard, so I could not enter a proper price. iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3.
You should find that entering the 3 significant digits is all that needed, and Waze does the rest.

i.e., entering 279, results in $2.799. The decimal is added, as is the 9/10ths. If incorrect, you can cancel before sending.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)

Post by Tangroo
Since updating to this version, Waze sometimes keep a "geofence" active even after fully quitting the app. It seems to persist when I close the app after using navigation/routing and successfully arriving at my destination. If I do not use the navigation/routing features (but have Waze open for hazard alerts and other non-routing activities), then the issue does not happen.

I can remove the geofence by restarting the app, selecting a destination, cancelling navigation, and then shutting the app down. But that's an unnecessary and cumbersome step. I'm not even sure why Waze needs to set up a geofence anyway, and at minimum, I should have the option to disable it. Many apps allow location services to use my location only when using the app, whereas Waze requires that I either consent to "always" or "never".

Because there is no real reason for Waze to set up a geofence, I am assuming that this is a bug. Hopefully it is fixed ASAP. Waze obviously needs to know my location to function, but that should end when I shut down the app.
Tangroo
Send a message

Post by Tangroo
My geofence definitely doesn't go away after 15-20 minutes. I went for dinner tonight, and it was still active 1.5 hours later. A completely unnecessary "feature" that has no benefit to me. I can count on one finger the number of times I have had trouble locating my car in even even most crowded of parking lots. All that this does it drain battery even after I have decided to completely shut Waze down. If I wanted to mark my parking location, I should be given that option.

Why is a geofence even needed anyway? Marking my parking location could be done using a static location. There is absolutely zero reason that this app needs to continue operating in the background after a user has shut it down. Unless, of course, they want it to and can benefit from it.
Tangroo
Send a message

Post by Tangroo
voludu2 wrote:Another workaround to this problem is to double-click and drag the waze app up until it disappears from the list of "background apps".
Most of the time, even doing that keeps the hollow geofence arrow. It persists until I reopen the app, pick a new destination, stop navigation, and the quit again.
Tangroo
Send a message

Post by TennesseePhil
When I try to set my preferred gas station, the list of available stations ends in the middle of names starting with 'F'. How can I select "Shell" as my favorite?
TennesseePhil
Send a message

Post by TennesseePhil
If the Waze app is "minimized" (in the background, dormant, or whatever Apple calls it when it's running but not displayed), and I am not navigating a route, does the app still send my position, speed, etc.?
TennesseePhil
Send a message

Post by TNT1001
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
JoeBlow9 wrote:Is this the appropriate place for suggestions?
Nope. There is a forum for Waze App Feature Requests. (And FYI, reporting of moving hazards is not something that will be available for a very long time, if ever.)
One can report HAZARD>ON SHOULDER>ANIMALS. Animals certainly do move...until they become roadkill that is (available as HAZARD>ON ROAD>ROADKILL).

A recent snowy evening, as I was cruising down a local two-land highway at the posted speed limit of 50mph, I suddenly passed a pedestrian walking on the solid white line that delineates the right edge of the lane (where the shoulder begins). I don't see any hazard report for a pedestrian walking in such close proximity to moving traffic. If I come across a similar situation in the future, I will probably generate a HAZARD>ON SHOULDER>ANIMALS report to give Wazers behind me a heads up.
TNT1001
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
I am working a couple open URs (probably from the same person, who uses an iPhone) where the Reporter is apparently having issues with the "share ride" feature of the Waze app.

I am unfamiliar with the "share ride" feature. However, based on the Reporter's comments quoted below, I suspect this *may* be a Waze App iOS bug.

Here are the essential contents of those UR comment conversations.

Reporter states, "Map keeps expanding out and subject goes off map as trying to follow shared drive."

My response to this UR:
========
Thank you for reporting!

Volunteer responding... Have you been using Waze's "shared drive" feature for awhile prior to today and discovered Waze now behaves differently than it used to?
========

Here's the reply comment from the Reporter...

Reporter on December 24, 2014
================================
I've used this option several months back without any issues. Now it is a total failure to have a friend share their travels. The shared screen at 1st immediately expanded out beyond the subject being followed. I had to minimize to find them, only to have the app max it out again as soon as it updated. Finally it locked up and no longer would display their data or map.

Here's another comment from another UR (probably the same Reporter).

Reporter on December 26, 2014
As mentioned in an earlier post. When trying to follow my sons shared travels home the map would auto minimize in beyond them, and I wound have to expand it out to see their location. Although every time it updated their progress, the map would revert in again to where they disappeared. I would have to expand out to find them again. This continued several times until freezing up my iPhone 6.

What are your thoughts about this?

-trukkurt

[EDIT]: Feel free to jump in and solve/close either/both of those URs if you know how to resolve them. :)
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by vincentSunny
I am still getting "copyright" in TTS for any street name with "é" character. It's really really annoying for street name like "René-Lévesque" because Waze will say "Rene-Copyright-L-e-Copyright-vesque"!
vincentSunny
Send a message

Post by vj2k
The iOS app was last updated on the 16th of December, where as the Android one was updated this month. Has development for iOS ceazed? There is still no support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus resolution.

iOS = https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/waze-so ... 29106?mt=8

Android = https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... waze&hl=en
vj2k
Send a message