Removal of Navigation List in client

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Would you like the Navigation List to remain available in the Waze app?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Yes
94%
No
3%
Maybe, comment below
3%

Total votes : 143

Removal of Navigation List in client

Postby maantje76 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:57 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Yes, it's in a beta. But because it's available at all means it will be available on all platforms. It's not "on the list" to do someday, but is actually in the client and soon will be out for all. I call that "complete" from a campaign POV. :mrgreen:

Ok, you win ;-)

I don't have an android device, so could not check that...I said what was told in Paris @ waze meeting...

So I missed info that it's in beta right now...good to hear!
maantje76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Removal of Navigation List in client

Postby miketempleton » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Aside from area managers using this to check routing, I think it's an important feature for the everyday user too. The most important element is being able to see (from a turn-by-turn basis) how Waze is going to get you to the place you're going. This is very helpful if you're driving somewhere unfamiliar and want to make sure you don't miss a turn or an exit — I've found that sometimes its important to know the exit number versus simply "turn right in one mile."
Driving daily from Ankeny to West Des Moines.
iPhone 4 - AT&T - iOS 5.0 | Waze 3.0
miketempleton

Postby mrtechnology » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Having the list mode is a really big deal.
mrtechnology

Postby No1CDAtty » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:02 am

Please bring back the Navigation list. I'm in Southern California and (unless you are going south to Palos Verdes!) there's always more than one way to get there. I need to know where Waze is routing me because it often doesn't come up with the fastest route . . . shortest or fewest turns, yes, but not always the quickest. So, please, please, bring it back! I don't want to have to start using Google Maps again.
No1CDAtty

Postby No1CDAtty » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:53 am

Okay, Waze designers, I'm getting desperate! As much as I love pretty much everything in the new version, I really need the Navigation List. I have had to use Google Maps several times . . . So, how do I migrate back to the older version?????
No1CDAtty

Postby No1CDAtty » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:37 am

dirgela wrote:I'd say that it would be better implemented in the Live Map, so the people who need that badly could make it and print it on the paper before driving somewhere :lol: If you don't know the route, navigation list would not help you either, if you know the route, you don't need the navigation list at all. There clearly no reasons to include that into client. :idea:

The problem for some of us isn't that we don't know the route; it's that there are multiple routes to take. In the old version of Waze, I'd sometimes get the first suggested route that could take up to an hour longer than other routes I knew to look for and take. In the land of Carmaggedon, that can be a real issue . . .
No1CDAtty

Postby obensha » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:50 am

Turn list is really valuable so is setting start location but less crucial.

I really like 3.0 but fail to see why an existing feature with all hooks is removed especially ad the UI hook (pressing the turn sign) is still valid on 3.0

Making the GUI simpler is fine but why not leave this as an option? Just a toggle to specify if the next turn sign is armed for touch event or passthrough to the map below as it is now would make everyone happy
obensha

Postby petervdveen » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:09 pm

If we get such a function in papyrus I wouldn't miss it!
Coördinator BeNeLux
- Nederland Belgium Lëtzebuerg
ImageImageImageImage

peter@wazenederland.nl peter@wazebelgium.be
petervdveen
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pumpintuner » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Seeing ahead of time where one is going is essential to improve the Waze app navigation routes. Knowing in advance where you're going can help you plan a better route and show Waze other routes on how to get there. Bring it back!
pumpintuner

Postby RallyChris » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:46 pm

Generally, coding is done on a priority list. Since this is a tool and not a "needed" <ducks> feature, it will probably be on the lower side of the priority list, no matter who wants it. Having internal people on the want list, can maybe bump something a level or two. The only sure way around this, is someone staying overtime and programming it themselves. Which I suspect that there is already overtime happening for the things on the list.
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
RallyChris

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App