These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

My Issues with the Waze App

Post by KangarooMike
Using Waze 3.9.3 on Android Samsung Galaxy S4.

-In night mode, the menus are still bright white.
-Why does my profile picture never save when I am trying to make one?
-Some very big inconsistencies between editing the profile on the app and the website:
>Cannot edit first and last name, profile name and picture on website.
>Cannot edit city, birth-date, and gender on mobile app.
-Cannot add my friend through contacts even though he has registered his number with his Waze account.
-Certain road goodies stay on screen even when I tapped them to retrieve the points.
-Voice control is generally non-responsive and may even stop listening/responding without telling you (missed a few reports just from that).
-The auto-zoom will occasionally create weird cuts in the map where parts of the screen hasn't adjusted to the new zoom level (it would stay that way for quite a while usually).

What do you guys think? Do you get the same issues as well?
KangarooMike

POSTER_ID:17024003

Send a message

Post by KangarooMike
MoodZy wrote: Regarding the goodies, don't you have to drive on them to earn them?
Not the candy things. I mean the things like the snowmen, snowflakes, gingerbread men, etc. I tap on one, it gives me a "3 Points!" bubble, but then it stays on the screen afterwards.
KangarooMike
Send a message

Post by KangarooMike
kdevries wrote:Also with the snowman etc you have to drive over them to earn the points
Huh, I guess that makes sense now that I think about it. There are not really any hints or tool tips telling you that though. When I see "3 Points!" or something like that, it should be natural to think that the points have been received, not that you need further action to receive them. The fact that they usually are not directly on the road but close to them also threw me off.
KangarooMike
Send a message

Post by kdevries
KangarooMike wrote:
MoodZy wrote: Regarding the goodies, don't you have to drive on them to earn them?
Not the candy things. I mean the things like the snowmen, snowflakes, gingerbread men, etc. I tap on one, it gives me a "3 Points!" bubble, but then it stays on the screen afterwards.

Also with the snowman etc you have to drive over them to earn the points
kdevries
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Regio Manager: Fryslân
Country Manager: The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
Country Manager: Denmark
Bekijk de wiki
Waze woordenlijst

Post by MoodZy
KangarooMike wrote:
-In night mode, the menus are still bright white.
This is indeed very annoying and defeats most of the interest of the night mode...

I also experience the zoom problèmes, even though they are more like a small annoyance than a big problem.

Regarding the goodies, don't you have to drive on them to earn them?
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/Waze_signature_AM_only.png