Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Voice recognition does not work when connected to hotspot

Post by BriOnH
I have an iPhone 4 as my "car iPhone"(mainly for my pioneer stereo with app control. iPhone 5 and greater doesn't work well with stereo head unit).

When my iPhone 4 is connected to a wireless network the voice recognition works fine. When I am connected to my iPhone 6 plus as a personal hotspot the Voice Recognition will not work.

Anyone else in a similar situation? I know this is probably unique but hopefully I am not the only one with this problem.

Any suggestions?
BriOnH

POSTER_ID:17026115

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
If you are trying to do voice commands or navigation voice input using bluetooth integration with your car stereo, that is what is not working, not the hotspot. I just tested two phones in my living room (iPhone 4S and 6) using another phone hostspot and it worked just fine.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ