Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Can I direct Waze to take a different bridge on a route.

Post by pego99
When traveling from southern New Jersey USA to Framingham Mass USA Waze always takes me over the George Washington bridge which has a 1-2 hour wait. I would like to have the Waze app direct me back to Massachusetts using The Tappan Zee bridge which is a more northerly bridge. Is there a way to have the Waze app do this for me? TIA.
pego99

POSTER_ID:17038842

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
Create Stop point just on the other side of the bridge. Let's say here 41.065130, -73.865095 and add it to your route.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by moogonk
I've done the same thing with my Garmin GPS, but shouldn't Waze know that the GWB will take longer and route drivers over the Tappanzee?

In other words, all of this work shouldn't be needed if Waze is working correctly, right?
moogonk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Moogonk
Country Manager & Multi-State Manager--CT, ME, MA, RI, VT. Rank 5 Resident New Hampshire State Manager

Sometimes you avoid the jam, sometimes you are the jam, and sometimes it's faster to go through the jam. - AndyPoms

Post by pego99
This is a valid point but it didn't do that. Perhaps there is a limit to how far away the app will reroute? Perhaps it is doing the right thing and the Tappanzee would be a mistake but all the locals say I should go the Tapanzee way back to Boston.

Thanks everyone for there suggestions.
pego99
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
After you have already created a route to your final destination...

To add the bridge location as a stop while viewing your Waze map/route in your Waze app, pan/zoom your map display to the bridge you want to use.

Then long-press on the bridge.

Then press the "i" icon on the right of the pop-up.

Then press "GO".

Then press "Add a Stop".
trukkurt
Send a message
Last edited by trukkurt on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by trukkurt
Alternatively, while viewing your Waze map/route in your Waze app, open your Navigate menu again and search for "Tappan Zee bridge" (or some similar text or nearby point of interest).

Then select it.

Then press "GO".

Then press "Add a Stop".
trukkurt
Send a message