Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Reporting multiple times

Post by Tjay53
What is the amount of time that a report remains valid?
On two different days I have reported a road closure due to road construction work... and the next day it is gone... As the road construction appears to be there for a while... I'm not sure if I should report the road closure everyday until it is no longer there or not?
Tjay53

POSTER_ID:17040021

Send a message

Post by Tjay53
Hmmph!... At the moment I don't know when the closure is supposed to end. Most locals are wondering why the road has been blocked. The road is open to Bus lines and my Daughter drives it every day and has yet to see any reason... like construction workers "working"... that would give reason for the closure. I'll have to see if I can find out something.
Tjay53
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
If you know the exact date the closure is scheduled to end, then you/we can place a time-based segment restriction on the segments involved using the Waze Map Editor (WME).

If you decide to do this, then please provide a permalink to the segment(s) from the WME and tell us the exact date (and time, if possible) the closure is scheduled to end.
trukkurt
Send a message

Post by trukkurt
Perhaps it's inappropriate to mark as closed because people still use it for navigation.

If/when you find details about the closure date/time then, if you have editing rights to the segments involved, click on the segment in WME and then click on the "Restrictions" button on the left side of your screen to begin assigning restrictions.

(You might have to scroll down in the segment attributes and the button might be named a little differently.)

If you do not have editing rights for the segment(s) involved, then I suggest you contact an Area Manager (AM) for that area and send the AM a private message (PM) about it.
trukkurt
Send a message