These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze glitches and graphics corruption in Lollipop

Post by
Hello to all Wazers.
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910C). Everything worked fine under Kitkat until I updated the firmware to Android Lollipop 5.01(soak test)
Since then:
1. Addresses, POIs appear glitchy, flickering...
2. Text tends to appear blocky.
When I reinstall the 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware such issues disappear. Maybe issues with QHD resolution?
There is yet another bug. I own a Renault Fluence with a basic radio and Bluetooth audio transmission. Before this phone I had a Galaxy Note 2. Notifications went from the phone to the radio via Bluetooth flawlessly even when playing music. However, no sooner had I paired my brand new Note 4 with my car's radio...and the notifications interrupt the music but they rarely, if ever, play correctly. Instead music just mutes.

POSTER_ID:17046846

Send a message

Post by Adiva45
ho2020 wrote:I have a strange solution for this problem.
After open the Waze app rotate the screen from potrait to landscape a couple of time. Then it works close to normal..strange.
I tried it and after 5-6 rotations, I started being able to read the map again. It's definitely not the cure to our problem, but it helps, thanks for sharing.

I too have a Galaxy Note 4 with the latest updated software, Android version 5.0.1
Adiva45
Send a message

Post by alyaner
I have a Jiayu S3 that has a Gpu Mali 760 and shows the same problem, even in KitKat (4.4.4).
But if I select my destination, wait until appears the path and then I turn it from portrait to landscape it works perfectly. Just, occasionally, it might appear some estrange symbol instead of an accented letter.
They should look over this solution to change the way the program renders the map to the way it re-render at turning from portrait to landscape or viceversa.
alyaner
Send a message

Post by AndreiSubaru
Same problem here. Elephone P6000 with Mali760. Please solve bug, drove me crazy untilI read this thread and tried changing orientation (that worked)
AndreiSubaru
Send a message

Post by AtmosphereZA
Galaxy note 4 910H, lollipop... Same problem. Uninstall without deleting folder... Reinstall, same fault.

Then uninstalled and also deleted the folder... Reinstalled with same fault.
AtmosphereZA
Send a message

Post by brunonigri
Same issue running the latest version of waze on a GALAXY NOTE 4 (N910C + Lollipop 5.01 - BRAZIL - ZTO, released last week)
Can't believe the developers ddnt say anything till now...
brunonigri
Send a message

Post by ceda88
Look at my Waze with a Sony Xperia M4 (Lollipop).

Something seems to be missing, no ?!
ceda88
Send a message
Attachments

Post by chaosisgod
MoodZy wrote:In order to solve the glitches you need to update to the latest version (i.e Waze 3.9.3.0). If I do remember correctly, this latest version was released in order to cope to those "Lollipop" problems.

If updating does not solve the problem, try to uninstall the app completely, delete the remaining Waze folder using a folder browser and reinstall the app straight from Google Play.
this is a terrible idea
i did it and now my favorites are gone and the graphics issue remains! if you can't help please be quiet
chaosisgod
Send a message

Post by clinto69
Exact same issue on Note 4 Lollipop. Why is Waze at the very least not acknowledging the problem? Come on Waze, acknowledge the problem and let us know a work around or when a fix is coming. Id rather know its 3 months away then just silence you are providing now.
clinto69
Send a message

Post by coubi64
Same problem for me with Elephone P6000 under Lollipop...

Please solve this problem as soon as possible :|
coubi64
Send a message
French user

Post by Crazy_wroc
georgenew wrote:I have an jiayu s3 advanced mobile with android 4.4.4, and the same problem....
exactly the same phone and problem :(
Crazy_wroc
Send a message