These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Unsupported version

Post by robokopp
Hello, I have a 2011 Honda fit with a usb interface to the car radio. I used to run my ipod in the background and tom tom in the foreground so I could see the maps. This worked great as the updates would stop the podcast that I was listening too and give the update then restart the podcast. This all came through my car radio. When I switched to Waze it worked basically the same way, but then I would be listening to my podcasts and they would just stop, and the car radio display would show unsupported ver. Sometimes it worked fine for quite awhile before the error would pop up. There were a few ways to get it working again but the best was unplug the usb cable and plug it back in. This however would usually only work for a short time if at all. While running Waze, I am basically unable to listen to my Ipod. Thus I had to stop using Waze. The only time I have seen this issue is when Waze is running. I have gone a couple days now without the issue and without Waze. Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there a fix for it? I would love to be able to use Waze again. This is on an iPhone4
robokopp

POSTER_ID:3882497

Send a message
AT&T iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Waze 3.0.1.0

Post by jmp316
This is odd. I am able to use waze in my car (with an iPhone 4 and a USB car kit) just fine. I usually run music or streaming radio and haven't had any problems... Maybe a hard reset of your phone? Are you on iOS 5? Can you close some other apps first to free up memory?
jmp316
Send a message

Post by jmp316
Awesome, glad it was an easy fix for you...
jmp316
Send a message

Post by RickW-NC
I don't have a clue but if go here and then check back in you will get a better answer.
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13101
RickW-NC
Send a message
Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Waze 3.1.0.0 (Crown, AM)

Post by RickW-NC
Do a search on audio.
RickW-NC
Send a message
Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Waze 3.1.0.0 (Crown, AM)

Post by robokopp
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
robokopp
Send a message

Post by robokopp
I only have the standard apps running in the background,(phone, calendar,and mail) along with waze and ipod. This is all that is running. I have also tried several hard resets. I am running IOS 5.0.1. Since I have stopped using Waze I have not had a problem. Thanks for the suggestions.
robokopp
Send a message

Post by robokopp
I also read through some of the posts after searching for audio as suggested above. (Thanks for that suggestion) I saw the post about running in 2D vs 3D. I will give that a try and post back the results.
robokopp
Send a message

Post by robokopp
I down loaded the latest version of Waze today (Ver. 3.0.1.0) and I turned the maps to 2D from 3D. I did not experience the problem on the my way home tonight. I will keep using it for a while to see if this does fix the issue.
robokopp
Send a message

Post by robokopp
Ran both the Waze app and the ipod on my way in this morning and they worked just fine again. From both yesterday and today thats about 3 hours without an issue. I would have to say that setting the map to 2D is probably what solved the issue. So for now I am going to say the problem is solved.

:D
robokopp
Send a message