These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

No Voice Command Prompts

Post by djg_21
Using latest release on iPhone 5s connected via Bluetooth to a Toyota audio system. When I attempt to activate voice commands with a gesture (3-finger tap), I no longer get a voice prompt. The iPhone screen shows that the phone's microphone is on, but my commands don't seem to be heard.

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?
djg_21

POSTER_ID:17057416

Send a message

Post by djg_21
I'm using release 3.9.2.1, and voice navigation cues do play via Bluetooth over my audio system. It is just the voice command prompt that does not function. This became an issue a few months back, and nothing in the settings was changed.

Thanks.

Posted from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.
djg_21
Send a message
Last edited by djg_21 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by djg_21
I do hear voice command prompts through my phone speaker if I activate voice commands while my iPhone isn't connected to the car audio via Bluetooth,

And in the car, Waze doesn't seem to hear me when I speak commands while using a Bluetooth connection.

As I indicated before, I do hear Waze's voice directions fine through my car audio settings.

I'm guessing that there may be a setup problem with the car audio system. It's a Toyota (Tacoma) system with Entune.

Posted from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.
djg_21
Send a message

Post by djg_21
Fixed with new release.
djg_21
Send a message

Post by drdca
karlcr9911 wrote:What version of Waze are you using and have you confirmed in your app settings to play over bluetooth is on?
I have a similar problem: v 3.9.2.1, iOS 8.2, iPhone 6, using either of 2 different bluetooth headsets - I hear the ping of an upcoming voice announcement but no voice prompt. Works fine on speaker.
drdca
Send a message
Cheers, Dallas!

Post by drdca
SOLVED: I had my bluetooth set to "HD Voice (Wideband audio)" -- when I turned that off, the Waze voice resumed normal behaviour. Interesting!

NOT SOLVED: nope, it worked for 5 minutes after I rebooted the headset, then quit again :-(
drdca
Send a message
Last edited by drdca on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Dallas!

Post by karlcr9911
What version of Waze are you using and have you confirmed in your app settings to play over bluetooth is on?
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message