These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS v3.9.4 Official Feedback Thread

Post by
Waze Social GPS, Maps & Traffic v3.9.4 (iTunes)

Waze Update For iOS: Traffic Bar, Big Performance Improvements (Blog)
Great news Wazers! Following our Android release, we've released an update for iOS as well!

In this version be prepared to see some significant performance improvements. You should notice a big reduction in the time it takes to get search results, routes and reroutes. Version 3.9.4 is up to 85% faster! We've also added some new features we think you'll enjoy:

Say hello to our new Time in Traffic Bar! Waze is always trying to keep you out of traffic on the road. If despite our best efforts you do find yourself stuck in a jam, this handy new bar will let you know how long you'll be stuck, showing your progress as you move through heavy traffic.
What's New in Version 3.9.4

• Experience an overall faster Waze: smoother navigation, quicker route selection, and improved re-routing.
• New traffic bar! Know how long you'll be in a jam, tracking progress as you go.
• Learn which route Waze is taking with ‘Let’s go via’ voice instruction.
• Get a confirmation when sending your ETA: those receiving can instantly reply 'Got it, thanks’.
• Improved support for U-turns
• General bug fixes

POSTER_ID:4659062

Send a message

Post by A7XX.il
Hi
Since the last Waze update on my Iphone 4 IOS version of 7.1.2 the app does not start at all, is this problem at my end only? Because since the update I cannot use the app at all, when I click on it it shows the blue screen "Waze" but then it goes back to my main screen on my Iphone. Is Waze aware of this problem? Can someone answer?!
Thanks
A7XX.il
Send a message

Post by ADDvanced
I can't login anymore. It's driving me nuts. I have so many favorited locations, and now I can't access my account. My login/password work fine here. They just aren't logging into my phone. So frustrated.

iPhone 5S user.
ADDvanced
Send a message

Post by adi001
Something wrong in my iPhone5s with the latest Waze.
It's a great app and I use daily from some years ago in different iPhone and versions.
But now, when I quit with the official methode -usualy-, the iPhone is still in online GPS (little outline arrow in the menubar). If go online and swich off again, it's problem is solved. -Somethime is, somethime is not...
adi001
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
And a major bug has been fixed: Voice commands are back! And they also work via bluetooth.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
lakeyboy wrote:
MGODLEW wrote:• Improved support for U-turns
I've tried looking for more info about this but have found nothing. Is anyone able to elaborate on what this entails? Is it in relation to prompts, u-turns on non-split roads, u-turns on split roads under 15 metres? etc. Thanks.
U-turns on 2-way streets has full support in the app, but I do not think that the back-end has it enabled for everyone yet. In test, it worked well and chose to do a u-turn on a 2-way segment to get to a location on the opposite side instead of doing around-the-block routing as it has been known to do in the past.

As for u-turns on divided roadways, then I have not personally seen/heard that give any different instructions yet. It may take updates to the map editor and infrastructure to identify a u-turn within a multiple-junction intersection.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Tangroo wrote:Any word on whether the "geofence" bug has been fixed? This is when you completely shut down the app, yet the hollow location arrow persists in iOS.
Mostly no. During testing, sometimes the geofence dropped right away and sometimes it still persisted for a while, where "while" is between 30m-2hrs. I can't say there is much consistency in my experience, which has made it difficult to get developers the info they need to solve this bug.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Tangroo wrote:..Upon arriving at a destination, I simple shut the app down (double click the home button, swipe up), and Waze hasn't set up a geofence at all...
We really shouldn't even have to do that, IMO.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Vin617 wrote:Are we no longer able to modify color schemes? I am colorblind and used a custom scheme for night driving. I re-installed the schema file like in the past, but it is not working.
Good question. I am not sure as I have not tried for a long time. I would start a separate thread for color schemes under 3.9.4 as installing a custom theme isn't core Waze functionality.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Our old friend is back. The one which dims the map when stopped to display ads and notifications but doesn't actually display anything. The app knows it should display something, but there is nothing to display. In this case, if there is no further data, then the app should do nothing.

You can tell the screen is dimmed because the Main and Report buttons at the bottom are much brighter.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Similar to the zero-speed notifications and ads, I have seen multiple times the "candy bonus" ahead message drop down from the top with no information displayed, as in the screenshot.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments