These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Tangroo
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Tangroo wrote:Any word on whether the "geofence" bug has been fixed? This is when you completely shut down the app, yet the hollow location arrow persists in iOS.
Mostly no. During testing, sometimes the geofence dropped right away and sometimes it still persisted for a while, where "while" is between 30m-2hrs. I can't say there is much consistency in my experience, which has made it difficult to get developers the info they need to solve this bug.
Interestingly, after driving around a fair bit today, I have noticed that the geofence issue is gone for me. Upon arriving at a destination, I simple shut the app down (double click the home button, swipe up), and Waze hasn't set up a geofence at all. With the last version, it would set the geofence 100% of the time.

Perhaps you need to uninstall and reinstall the app? I didn't, but sometimes that is recommended.

I have driven to about 5 or 6 destinations today, and the geofence hasn't appeared even once yet after shutting down.
Tangroo
Send a message

Post by tateu3cX
Can you please fix the screen size on the iPhone 6 series (Default-667h@2x.png and Default-736h@3x.png)? The 6 series phones have been out for a year now and you still only have Waze built for the iPhone 5s resolution of 640x1136 (Default-568h@2x.png), which means everything is zoomed in the the 6's.
tateu3cX
Send a message
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3, Waze 3.7.6.0

Post by theocanada
Please help. Background: Waze lowers the volume of music when giving directions. This is great. What isn't is that sometimes my volume remains lowered even after the nav instructions are done. The only way i've found to resolve is to hard close the app and re-open.

I have an iphone 6, connected via bluetooth. It happens regardless of the type of car I'm driving.
theocanada
Send a message

Post by ubitmoosie
crashes when opened D:
Fix pls
I can't use waze now ;c
ubitmoosie
Send a message

Post by UKCodeMonkey
Unable to use 3.9.4.5 on my iPhone 4s - Always shows "Searching network", even though all other apps connect to the internet without issue :(

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p69 ... pdui01.png
UKCodeMonkey
Send a message

Post by UKCodeMonkey
ednilsom wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
UKCodeMonkey wrote:Unable to use 3.9.4.5 on my iPhone 4s - Always shows "Searching network", even though all other apps connect to the internet without issue :(
I believe this was a transient issue with the Waze infrastructure today which affected everyone and not specific to this app release.
I updated my iPhone 4S with this version on April 1st and since then I'm having exactly the same problem, almost all the time I'm getting the message "Searching network", but all my other internet services in the phone are working fine.

Never had this problem with the previous versions, also.
I managed to fix my issue by removing Waze from my phone and re-installing from the App store. I did have the pain of logging in, re-downloading the voice/language and setting preferences, but it fixed my issue!
UKCodeMonkey
Send a message

Post by Vin617
Are we no longer able to modify color schemes? I am colorblind and used a custom scheme for night driving. I re-installed the schema file like in the past, but it is not working.
Vin617
Send a message

Post by vincentSunny
For some reasons the Jane TTS voice has been lost from the menu. It looks like something is wrong with my account. If I log out my account and create a new one, everything works fine.

I also uninstalled the app and re-installed. Same problem.

The problem just starts happening yesterday.
vincentSunny
Send a message
Attachments

Post by vj2k
When will we get the app optimised for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus screens?
vj2k
Send a message

Post by vloris
kjstech wrote:Full navigation voice prompts were turned on again today. I normally have it set to alerts only. Does anyone know what causes this? Is there some sort of internal timer that resets this? Is it a phone reboot? I'll find out later as I just updated to iOS 8.3 which requires a reboot obviously. So on my way home this evening I'll see if the voice prompts were reset.

Just trying to figure out who to point the finger at. Waze or Apple? Seems too simple of a fix for Waze to just blatantly ignore time and time again. So I'm not ruling Apple out here.
That's a very long outstanding bug in waze afaik. I have it too and I think it happens after every update of waze itself.
So, not a reboot, not an iOS update, but after every new waze version you will notice the sound is turned back on :(
vloris
Send a message