These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Unfortunately, Waze has stopped

Post by wtrskrs
I get this every couple of days when I try to turn it on. Gives me the option to send data which I do.

Samsung Note 4
Android 4.0.1
Waze 3.9.4.0

I have not found a pattern on when it doesn't start. Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks
wtrskrs

POSTER_ID:17079015

Send a message

Post by felohidalgo
Did you try doing a clean reinstall of the app?.
1. Remove Waze
2. Search for Waze installation folders and delete them from cells memory
3. Install the app

DO NOT update your Android to lollipop cause waze doesn't work on it.
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by felohidalgo
wtrskrs wrote:Oh, and I haven't done a clean install, but since I'm on Lollipop, I assume it's not going to make any difference.
Exactly, that may be your problem, there are tons of posts in this forum about the Note 4 issue, we hope they fix it in the next release.
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by felohidalgo
Jahmariposa wrote:Google results show that this has been an ongoing issue for the last 3 years. :-( out of nowhere one day waze stopped working for me and all I get is this error. I'm on an HTC One m9 and I believe I'm on whatever the latest version is.
Did you try to do a clean reinstall. That will be remove Waze and then delete the folder that remain in your phone. After this reinstall the app.
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by PropertyGeek
Waze works fine on lollipop
PropertyGeek
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by SadieSuePurrrkins
What good does reporting do cuz I have reported it at least 50+ times.
SadieSuePurrrkins
Send a message

Post by SadieSuePurrrkins
Google results show that this has been an ongoing issue for the last 3 years. :-( out of nowhere one day waze stopped working for me and all I get is this error. I'm on an HTC One m9 and I believe I'm on whatever the latest version is.
SadieSuePurrrkins
Send a message

Post by wtrskrs
Has no-one else gotten this error message? It happened again today when I was leaving work for home and 10 hours later, it still won't run and I get the same message. I start Waze, and then get the above message. I've sent the settings, etc. multiple times but I question whether anyone looks at it. I've rebooted numerous times with no change in the problem. Yet it will probably work tomorrow morning for no reason. I'm nervous if I'm the only person that this happens to.
wtrskrs
Send a message

Post by wtrskrs
Well, there's my problem. My phone is at 5.0.1 (I don't recall when it got updated although I seem to recall it wanting to update not too long ago and I let it. I don't know what version it was on previously, but if you're saying that 5.x is no good, then I'd have to assume my phone went from 4.x to 5.0.1. Since it appears most new devices coming out now are on 5.x, does Waze have any plans to make it compatible? BTW, I did nothing to my phone last night. Waze wasn't working. I didn't power it off or anything. Just checked it this morning and it is working..... I sure hope a fix for lollipop is in the works.
wtrskrs
Send a message

Post by wtrskrs
Oh, and I haven't done a clean install, but since I'm on Lollipop, I assume it's not going to make any difference.
wtrskrs
Send a message