Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Surprising message from Waze app today

Post by TsidkenuRohi
Hello,
I've used your application for quite some time now. I recently switched phones, and received a disturbing and surprising message when I tried to plot a route from Jacksonville, Florida to Brockton, Massachusetts. The message said that your application couldn't plot routes over a thousand miles away! It also said that you guys were working on improving that. I don't understand how that can be when you have people all over the country download your application, and it seems strange to me that when you guys conceived the idea for your application, it didn't occur to you to program the ability to allow users who drive cross country to use your app in this manner! Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that it something that should've been in the app blueprints before you rolled it out to the general public. I'm forced to use Google Maps for my navigational needs. I must say I was really disappointed when that happened to me. Just thought you should know.

Have a good day,
TsidkenuRohi

POSTER_ID:6356342

Send a message

Post by htahta
They drive occasionally long-distance but mainly use waze to avoid trafficjams. And cops
On long-distance split up your route in two (I don't think you drive that distans in one go) and plot the second part of the route from one off your stops
htahta
Send a message
[img]https:///MV4Na6[/img]
Local Champs
Country Manager Netherlands:
Benelux

Post by kdevries
Waze was designed as an app for commuters. So they Indeed did't provide long distance routing at that time, but as said they are improving over time.
kdevries
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Regio Manager: Fryslân
Country Manager: The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
Country Manager: Denmark
Bekijk de wiki
Waze woordenlijst

Post by TsidkenuRohi
Hey htahta,
Funny you should mention trying to plot the second half of my trip off one of my stops! When I got to Maryland, I tried to do exactly that and got a message saying Waze was unable to find a route! I had to wait until I got to Rhode Island, which is basically when I'm almost at my intended destination. That's when Waze worked like I remember it did on my other phone.
TsidkenuRohi
Send a message