These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Help! Login (post phone reset) deleted accout information.

Post by contessatrujillo
Hi. I did a factory reset on my phone. In attempting to log back into Waze, i reset my password. At some point it encouraged me to link to Facebook, which I did, then prompted me to pick between two accounts associated with my account (??). Apparently, I selected the wrong one and seem to have wiped out all of my favorite places etc. Please help... Not sure how to revert it.
contessatrujillo

POSTER_ID:17096140

Send a message

Post by contessatrujillo
No dice. Tried logging back in a number of ways and nothing. The username and phone number and email address are the same, even when I log in.

I feel like it was supposed to merge the original account and apparently new account (Facebook associated), and instead had the chosen one take over. Not sure if deleting or dissociating (if possible) Facebook would help. Trying not to mess things up further i case someone can go back and reset my account. Any other ideas? I've been scouring the internet, with no luck, to find a direct contact for someone who might be able to help.
contessatrujillo
Send a message

Post by contessatrujillo
No dice. Tried logging back in a number of ways and nothing. The username and phone number and email address are the same, even when I log in.

I feel like it was supposed to merge the original account and apparently new account (Facebook associated), and instead had the chosen one take over. Not sure if deleting or dissociating (if possible) Facebook would help. Trying not to mess things up further i case someone can go back and reset my account. Any other ideas? I've been scouring the internet, with no luck, to find a direct contact for someone who might be able to help.
contessatrujillo
Send a message

Post by Masarantes
Waze seems to have differente logins to internet account and to mobile phone.

1) Use the login of the mobile phone, but remember that it is case sensitive (Macarrao is different from macarrao);
2) Use the password you registered on the mobile phone (in my case it worked with the first password I registered). None of the password I used on internet or even changed worked).

After that, my points and favorites returned to my mobile.

Good luck !!
Masarantes
Send a message