How does one report a 'road closed'

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: How does one report a 'road closed'

Postby tallfastcanadian » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:28 pm

There isn't, and its an awfully useful feature during minor road closures in a city, especially on major routes.

One of the routing features my Tomtom device has that I love is the ability to mark the road ahead closed for 500, 1000 or 5000 meters. When I do that, it then re-routes me around the road ahead for at least that far. This type of rerouting currently must be done by the user on Waze, which is unfortunate when you don't know the nearby back-roads and you see a back-up starting because of an accident or a burst water pipe, etc.
Waze Area Manager Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
tallfastcanadian

Postby tallfastcanadian » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm

gettingthere wrote:FWIW, I'm happy with the focus on a commuter specific GPS with focus on traffic avoidance. I don't expect Waze to do everything. If I want some of these other features, I have 3 or 4 other GPS application on my SmartPhone. Waze doesn't need to copy every feature of every other GPS Application.

Quite a few of those advanced features are fun but unnecessary, I agree. This one however is always annoying me because every summer we have local road closures in the random towns I visit for work and I can't just have Waze route me around them easily.
Waze Area Manager Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
tallfastcanadian

Postby TonyG-UK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:02 pm

They also said it would be done by now, and they've removed the (disabled) button for it from the client.
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK
TonyG-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Previous

Return to Waze App