How does one report a 'road closed'

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: How does one report a 'road closed'

Postby gettingthere » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:27 pm

So basically there is no valid way to 'close' a road for short term construction that will keep Waze from routing though the closed road.

As AlanOfTheBerg states, if the road will be closed for many weeks/months, you can edit the map to close the road.

Hopefully when the tile building process re-write is done and tested, the process of map updates > tile building > client map update will be back to 'normal' or even better, improved.
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: How does one report a 'road closed'

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:21 pm

I would just post a Road Hazard with no subtype and enter notes, and even better, voice annotation. You will not be able to affect routing, however. Vehicle on the road or on the shoulder would be nice addition/change.

If it is long-term road construction, it can be closed on the map, but with the update timing these days, I'd advise against it unless it will be closed for months.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

How does one report a 'road closed'

Postby stuffhappens » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Can't see anything remotely sensible in the reporting options so what do I do if I find a road or turn closed due to construction or an accident (like I did last night)?

How about something like a 'Road Closed: [Right] [Left] [Ahead]' option ??

Also:

"Hazard on Road" - I came across a broken down car that had stopped in the middle of the road (not able to pull in it would seem) - nothing exists to report that although "object" might do - but an object could be anything from a bit of wheel trim to a fallen tree!

"Hazard on Shoulder" - how about changing 'Car stopped' to 'Vehicle stopped'? I came across a broken down bus + tow truck the other day.

Happy Wazing.
stuffhappens

Previous

Return to Waze App