How does one report a 'road closed'

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: How does one report a 'road closed'

Postby CBenson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 pm

Simply cancel the closure when waze detects that the road is in use again. I have never seen much risk from bogus closure reports. The problem is that waze doesn't always know whether no data means that no one has occasion to drive the road or that the road is closed, the manual report would let waze know. I believe that waze continues to work on a client road closed report. I also believe that it is needed.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze

Postby bartdesmedt » Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm

I must agree with tallfastcanadian and henslok. The road blocked is a must have, especially with road works on major routes and in major cities, also big events (like New York City Marathon, 10 miles, cycling,...) in busy areas,...
AM for Center of West-Flanders
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:21 pm

I would just post a Road Hazard with no subtype and enter notes, and even better, voice annotation. You will not be able to affect routing, however. Vehicle on the road or on the shoulder would be nice addition/change.

If it is long-term road construction, it can be closed on the map, but with the update timing these days, I'd advise against it unless it will be closed for months.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual |
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Waze App