Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Change voice control language

Post by Sachadep
Hello !

The other day I wanted to try out the voice commands but the language was wrong and I couldn't change it.

It's set in dutch and I want it in French, can anybody help me ?

Thanks in advance! :)
Sachadep

POSTER_ID:17105554

Send a message

Post by Geovanco
I have the same problem voice recognition is blocked to english.If anybody has an idea on how to change that, would be great to share.
Geovanco
Send a message

Post by harlock_cap
I guess it's a nasty bug that is there from the beginnig and no one ever fixed.
Sad but true.

:evil:
harlock_cap
Send a message

Post by harlock_cap
I noticed that Waze's voice guidance changes when you go to a different country, according to the native language of that country,
So if I go to China, Waze thinks that I suddenly speak Chinese, and switch to the Chinese voice.

Morover, I lose the possibility to switch back to the original voice guidance with street names.

Too bad, Waze... :evil:
harlock_cap
Send a message

karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by kisuke80
I also have a similar problem. It seems to me that the language for the voice control is always set according to the country you're in. at least to me in Austria it speaks in german, in italy in italian, in france in french. Now I do not use the maps with street names (for a similar issue) my map is in Italian and my app language is english. I would like one of the two to be always used for voice commands also
kisuke80
Send a message

Post by theaboaz
I have a similar problem, everything is set to English, but the voice commands (3 finger tap) is in Spanish for some reason. I searched all the options, also in the phone options, but everything is English.
theaboaz
Send a message