These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Sounds Saving to Device

Post by KKappesser
Every time I download personal videos and pictures from my Galaxy phone to my computer, dozens of .tts sound files also download. When I play the TTS sound files, they are directions from a previous trip when I've used Waze. For example one file is 7KB and says "Turn right onto Dixie Highway". How can I edit my settings so these files aren't downloading to my phone. With how often I use Waze this is an annoying feature!

Thanks!
KKappesser

POSTER_ID:17106376

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
That is your TTS Cache... Waze downloads those files so you can have spoken directions including street names. Waze stores them so the next time you have to be told to "Turn right onto Dixie HIghway" it isn't re-downloaded (using more of your data).

The Waze files aren't saved with your photos/videos - they are tucked away in the Waze folder. What are you using to download/sync your phone to your computer?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Wyldcat89
this is happening to me as well.. anyone have any insight?
Wyldcat89
Send a message