These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Friends aren't notified of my shared ETA

Post by jrhinds
This has happened more times than not. I've tried to share my ETA through the app (typically in the form of a text message), and my friends don't get the notification. Sometimes they're on Wazers, sometimes they're not. I can't figure out what's causing the issue. Just now, a friend was late to meet me and he had sent me his ETA through Waze. I never got the notification. I looked in my phone settings and there's nothing there that would restrict a notification.

Is anyone else having the same challenge?
jrhinds

POSTER_ID:17109824

Send a message

Post by jrhinds
Yeah, I have the newest version of the app. My challenge is that if my other contact doesn't have the Waze app open, then I have to call them or send them another text suggesting that they open the Waze app. In a previous version of the service, the app would take care of notifying them via a text message, which was very convenient. I don't know why they've taken that feature out of the new version.
jrhinds
Send a message

Post by MoodZy
I usually get them, but then again, I use them directly through Waze and not through text messages.

Are you using the latest Waze version? Because there have been some changes with sharing drives in the latest updates. It might be related to that !
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/Waze_signature_AM_only.png