These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze Does Not Know My Street

Post by Nicotunes
Hi,

Galaxy S5....Android 5.0....Waze 3.9.4 (Just downloaded 3.9.5)....

When I am driving home, Waze misses my street completely and wants to send me to the next street and loop around.....endlessly. Figuring this was a maps issue, I went to the Map Editor but my street is there, plain as day. Why would Waze not know about it?
Nicotunes

POSTER_ID:16897888

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
The answer you seek is in the Waze FAQ. You can update the entry in the Waze Address Database using the House Numbers feature of WME. Once a house number is touched (modified) by an editor (even moving it one pixel) it becomes the preferred address search result.

Once you get it fixed, you will have to do a NEW search as well (I won't bore you with the detail unless you ask for it).
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
There's a difference between the Google Pin location & the Google Stop Point.

As explained in the FAQ, when the Internal Waze House Numbers are not being used (which have a stop point tied to the named street), Waze gets the GPS coordinates of the Google PIN and then navigates to the road segment on the Waze Map closest to those coordinates. It sounds like your house is set back from the street you live on & it is also closer to a different street.

The best thing I can recommend is to add your address to the Waze Address Database (using the House Number instructions I linked to above). Also make sure that there isn't an entry in the Places Database for that address (as those don't have as stop-point, and behave like the Google Pin does).

I can look at your specific case if you want me to, but you will need to post a Permalink to the area and your address & where the house actually is. If you don't want to post it publicly (and who really would?), you can also PM it to me (link at the right below my username) as long as you are in the USA. If you are not in the USA, please let me know which country & I can try to get someone more local to help you out.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Davisnado
When you are on your way home. Post a map issue just as you are getting ready to turn on your street. Someone in your area should be able to look into it and fix the issue.
Davisnado
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Nicotunes
AndyPoms wrote:The answer you seek is in the Waze FAQ. You can update the entry in the Waze Address Database using the House Numbers feature of WME. Once a house number is touched (modified) by an editor (even moving it one pixel) it becomes the preferred address search result.
"To confirm the GPS coordinates, look up the address on Google and verify the pin for the location corresponds to the location being used by Waze"

How do I verify coordinates in Waze?
Nicotunes
Send a message

Post by Nicotunes
OK, I go to Navigate and click on the Info icon for my Home.
I click Show on Map
In the little bubble for my home location, it says the wrong street name (and that is the street Waze always wants to send me to). My correct street is showing, however. It does seem like a map coordinates issue...but Google shows the correct street....
Nicotunes
Send a message

Post by Nicotunes
Hi Andy,

I did the edit. Let's see what happens!

Thanks for the assist!

Mike
Nicotunes
Send a message