These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Account issues

Post by Shifty515
Recently I got myself a new phone. I installed waze and tried to verify my account by phone number on 6th July. I received an SMS with the code, but waze was unable to verify (encountered "bad news bucko). As a second try I tried to logon with my account name and password. This was also not possible.

I have tried again one day later (7th July). But still no results. Verification code trough SMS did not work. Waze was again not able to verify (encountered bad news bucko). I also tried the password recovery page from Waze, still no results. I did not received an email whatsoever.

In a final try to setup my account again, I pressed the friends button on the waze home screen. Then again I tried verify, but again no results. But now it seems like my account has overwritten! I lost my overall progress from the beginning! HELP!
Shifty515

POSTER_ID:12556719

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
Shifty515 wrote:Recently I got myself a new phone. I installed waze and tried to verify my account by phone number on 6th July. I received an SMS with the code, but waze was unable to verify (encountered "bad news bucko). As a second try I tried to logon with my account name and password. This was also not possible.

I have tried again one day later (7th July). But still no results. Verification code trough SMS did not work. Waze was again not able to verify (encountered bad news bucko). I also tried the password recovery page from Waze, still no results. I did not received an email whatsoever.

In a final try to setup my account again, I pressed the friends button on the waze home screen. Then again I tried verify, but again no results. But now it seems like my account has overwritten! I lost my overall progress from the beginning! HELP!
You have registered it this forum Dec 2012. You ware able to login and make a post. Credentials you have used to login here need to be used to login into Waze app.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
Setting a password. Scroll down.
https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6073202?hl=en

Baby Wazer status.
https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6107462?hl=en

To check actual points and status on server.
https://www.waze.com/dashboard/
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
Shynrix wrote:I too had the same problem and now am back to baby wazer. But I did take a picture of my screen back when it was still displaying the stats of old account but also giving me the dreaded "bucko" message as well. Really hoping you can help me get that account back, for some reason I'm more upset about losing this progress than all the contacts and memos I lost when resetting my phone. Pic attached:
There is no way to help you unless you have protected your account with password and email.

All Waze cares about is number of users.....
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by AndyPoms
a4bolek wrote:You have registered it this forum Dec 2012. You ware able to login and make a post. Credentials you have used to login here need to be used to login into Waze app.
Please note both your username & password are case sensitive. That means that "Shifty515" is not the same as "shifty515".
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by J-ManSGV
I had similar problem when trying to set up Waze on my tablet. I had already successfully installed it and set it up on my phone, but wanted to use my tablet (with its larger screen) for actual navigation in the car. I tried numerous times unsuccessfully to set up the tablet, but always got the "Bad news, Bucko) error message after inputting the four-digit verification code. Here's how I finally solved it.

1. Made sure to set up and verify user name and password on the website. Added email address as well.
2. Completely exited out of Waze on the phone.
3. Ran app manager (Android) on the tablet and cleared my cache.
4. Started over again with Waze on the tablet, and selected "already a Wazer" instead of inputting my phone number.
5. Used user name and password to connect.
6. Waze recognized me, and took my back to the phone number screen, where I input the number and got a four-digit code.
7. Input the four-digit code and SUCCESS!

Question for everyone else: When I set it up on my phone, the default country code was (correctly) "+1 United States." But on the tablet, EVERY time I tried it, it defaulted to "678 VU," and I had to manually change it to US.
J-ManSGV
Send a message

Post by Shifty515
It's not about my account, but my girlfriends account.

After she got herself a new phone we installed waze and tried to verify her account in order to setup waze again. The verification process failed multiple times. She could also not login with her credentials. Resetting her password did also not work due to the fact that she only registered with her phone number and no email adress.

Now her account is somehow "reset" and she a baby wazer all over again. What can we do?
Shifty515
Send a message

Post by Shynrix
I too had the same problem and now am back to baby wazer. But I did take a picture of my screen back when it was still displaying the stats of old account but also giving me the dreaded "bucko" message as well. Really hoping you can help me get that account back, for some reason I'm more upset about losing this progress than all the contacts and memos I lost when resetting my phone. Pic attached:

Shynrix
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Shynrix
That is thoroughly depressing and I hope you are trolling meeeeee~
Shynrix
Send a message