These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Missing "Suggest an edit" in Waze app

Post by dzulfriday
Hi,

I have a question. I am currently adding and updating a few locations to Waze. I have a few issues:
  1. There are a few duplicate entries for my location which maybe added by someone else. Many information is wrong and when I want to edit it, theres no "Suggest an edit" menu available. Why? Some entries show "Suggest and edit" and "Duplicate" but some are don't. Why? How to fix this?
  • When adding new location, why can't I type the street name myself. When I tap to put the street name the app just open a windows to select a few street name from a list which the list is not complete. How to fix this?
dzulfriday

POSTER_ID:17115095

Send a message

Post by ct13
The Waze search engine pulls data from many different sources, but usually either from its own data or from Google Maps. So when you search you can end up with the same place from multiple sources. You can only suggest an edit for places that have been created in Waze. There is no ability to edit the location when it pulls up a third party location because Waze is just presenting the info.

If the list is incomplete, it could mean that Waze thinks you are to far away from the street or the street has not yet been added to the map.
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message