Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Project Fi

Post by wmsawyer
Been using Waze for some time now on Verizon Wireless with no real problems. Just switched to Project Fi and now the Waze app is having problems figuring out exactly where I am on the map. It was a couple hundred to maybe 1000 feet wrong in Philadelphia. Caused the app to keep recalculating as it thought I took a wrong turn. Funny thing though, as soon as I crossed bridge into New Jersey it began working fine again.

Anyone else on Fi and see something like this, know if there is any fix?

thanks,
bill
wmsawyer

POSTER_ID:16846474

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
wmsawyer wrote:Been using Waze for some time now on Verizon Wireless with no real problems. Just switched to Project Fi and now the Waze app is having problems figuring out exactly where I am on the map. It was a couple hundred to maybe 1000 feet wrong in Philadelphia. Caused the app to keep recalculating as it thought I took a wrong turn. Funny thing though, as soon as I crossed bridge into New Jersey it began working fine again.

Anyone else on Fi and see something like this, know if there is any fix?

thanks,
bill
Check your GPS receiver. From Play store install GPS Test or GPS Toolbox.

Put device in airplane mode and reboot. Go outside and see how long it takes to acquire 3D fix.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1