These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Post by ag2ag2
Hi!

I've used the permalink feature of the web live map a few times, and I don't know if I'm using it correctly.

Once I have set a departure location and the destination on the web site, I receive the permalink. When I load the permalink in my Android Chrome web browser, it doesn't load Waze with the route that I had setup with the web live map.

Am I missing a step here or missing the purpose?
ag2ag2

POSTER_ID:16946599

Send a message

Post by ag2ag2
Thanks for the responses.

Too bad it doesn't work that way. I often find myself wanting to preview my trip before heading out, mostly when traveling to an unfamiliar place.

Might be a worthwhile feature to add!
ag2ag2
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
That's not how Waze works... The livemap is just a display of traffic info Waze has. Permalinks are for sharing information between users (mostly editors) - not loading things in the app.

To navigate you need to search for your destination in the app. You may not get the same route that the live map generated as Waze uses real-time & historic traffic info to route a user in the fastest way possible (depending on app settings).
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
Edward50095 wrote:You need to click "share routes" at the bottom left to get a permalink with the routes.
That will still not launch the Waze app.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Edward50095
ag2ag2 wrote:Hi!

I've used the permalink feature of the web live map a few times, and I don't know if I'm using it correctly.

Once I have set a departure location and the destination on the web site, I receive the permalink. When I load the permalink in my Android Chrome web browser, it doesn't load Waze with the route that I had setup with the web live map.

Am I missing a step here or missing the purpose?
You need to click "share routes" at the bottom left to get a permalink with the routes.
Edward50095
Send a message