Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze Verification Code

Post by Sagittarius2
I'm new to Waze and not quite sure if this is the right place to share my problem. I'm using Waze on my android 4.4 device (Huawei Ascend Mate 7). It works fine (routing, guidance, voice, points) however my account is not verified yet. When I press 'Register Your Account', Waze asks me to input my mobile number. After my number input and pressing 'Verify my number', there's a pop-up message 'Verifying' and after couple of second, Waze takes me back to map view. Meanwhile I also receive verification code. There's no way to get to 'input verification code' option. I have to go via 'Register Your Account' and the same loop starts again.

I don't want to switch to another account as I'll lose my 2000+ points. Anyone has any suggestion please?
Sagittarius2

POSTER_ID:17124470

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
Sagittarius2 wrote:I'd also like to add here that due to account registration failure, I couldn't even log in to this support forum. I had to make another account so that I could login and ask for help here.
That's because your previous account was not protected with password.

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... -173514944
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
Sagittarius2 wrote:@a4bolek, Thanks but there's no option to set password. See attached screen capture.
Uninstall Waze. Using file manager delete waze folder. Reboot device. Install fresh from Play Store. Try again. If that fails have friend nearby and enter their number during registration. Waze should stop on that screen and let you enter 4 digit code.
https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... -173514944
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by HappyVehicle
@ Sagittarius2, were you able to login with your previous username?

I have similar problem with a previous account that has no password, and I'm unable to recover it from the Waze website.

See my post here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=158448&p=1206700#p1206700
HappyVehicle
Send a message

Post by Sagittarius2
I'd also like to add here that due to account registration failure, I couldn't even log in to this support forum. I had to make another account so that I could login and ask for help here.
Sagittarius2
Send a message

Post by Sagittarius2
@a4bolek, Thanks but there's no option to set password. See attached screen capture.
Sagittarius2
Send a message
Attachments