Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by will824
Autourdupc wrote:Question for those who use CM... How do you take a screenshot with your device ?
Press the power button for 1 second and select the screenshot option.
will824
Send a message

Post by wroadd
i have the same problems with my HTC wildfire.
The application is lagging in cities. When there are several object, elements, the client is lagging. When i am in smal town, he works fine.
I have 2 to 10 minutes difference beetween my real position and the position on client.

Also, the application crashes when i search a destination and he load the map of the searching destination.

i notice that the 2.x version run very well.
Have you got the same issue with 2d mode? (Asking just for finding the error)
wroadd
Send a message
Waze Global Champ, (Re)tired
Hardware: Oukitel U22 & iPhone 7
Car: Soca Octavia : red

Post by wroadd
finneginsfast wrote:
s3phus wrote:Support seems to be not responding to any issue at this time.

S3phus
Really, this is exactly the most disappointing part, there seems to be no one interfacing with the users trying to make this work. I'm think this is just the impetus I need to go look for some other navigational application.
We are here to collect the errors and forwards it to ' he support team. For doing that, we will need a proper error reporting in this format:
Username
Phone type
Waze version
Android version
Rom type

Attached waze_log.txt could be great.
You can send it to support@waze.com

Thx for understanding and cooperation.
wroadd
Send a message
Waze Global Champ, (Re)tired
Hardware: Oukitel U22 & iPhone 7
Car: Soca Octavia : red

Post by Yellowcab58
I have been running 3.0.0.0 on a Motorola XT603 (Motorola Admiral) since 3.0.0.0 came out and have noticed that the program crashes every time I get an incoming call.

Mike
Yellowcab58
Yellowcab58
Send a message

Post by yoho
I'm using an HTC Wildfire - Android 2.2. Three things make waze unusable for navigation for me. They all seems to be linked to the general app performances or lack of optimization compared to waze 2.X (which was working great on this platform) :

1) Very frequent crashes or unresponsiveness from the app (causing android to ask me if I want to shut it down, but I see the application is still working in the background). This happens after around 15 minutes of drive.

2) Sometimes the application works but is lagging behind and doesn't show my current position : it's as if waze displayed my situation 1 or 2 minutes ago. This happens after around 1 hour of drive.

3) Very frequently also, the voice is lagging (although the display is fine) : either there is a delay of more than 30 seconds between "in X meters" and "keep/turn right/left" OR, I sometimes have past the intersection when I get the voice navigation. And it sometimes tries to catch up and give me all the previous sentences that should have been said in one go (funny actually : 5 minutes of useless and endless speech :-) )
yoho
Send a message

Post by yoho
perlin wrote:
gogo2000 wrote:
yoho wrote:I'm using an HTC Wildfire - Android 2.2. Three things make waze unusable for navigation for me. They all seems to be linked to the general app performances or lack of optimization compared to waze 2.X (which was working great on this platform) :

1) Very frequent crashes or unresponsiveness from the app (causing android to ask me if I want to shut it down, but I see the application is still working in the background). This happens after around 15 minutes of drive.

2) Sometimes the application works but is lagging behind and doesn't show my current position : it's as if waze displayed my situation 1 or 2 minutes ago. This happens after around 1 hour of drive.

3) Very frequently also, the voice is lagging (although the display is fine) : either there is a delay of more than 30 seconds between "in X meters" and "keep/turn right/left" OR, I sometimes have past the intersection when I get the voice navigation. And it sometimes tries to catch up and give me all the previous sentences that should have been said in one go (funny actually : 5 minutes of useless and endless speech :-) )
i have the same problems with my HTC wildfire.
The application is lagging in cities. When there are several object, elements, the client is lagging. When i am in smal town, he works fine.
I have 2 to 10 minutes difference beetween my real position and the position on client.

Also, the application crashes when i search a destination and he load the map of the searching destination.

i notice that the 2.x version run very well.
gogo2000 and yoho,
please send us logs, so we can understand the lagging issue.

Thanks.
I've sent my logs (probably around 10), but I must admit getting a crash or a lag for each and every trip was enourmously annoying so I rolled back... Will happily test the next beta when it's out if it contains a fix for this kind of issue.
yoho
Send a message

Post by Zerenia
Samsung Galaxy S, AT&T Captivate version. Android 2.2, rooted. Update was delivered automatically. Ran the updated version and when going to the reports or settings screens and then closing those screens, instead of returning to the map I am returned to the splash screen. Navigation continues in the background. Have to force close and restart to be able to see the map. Cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result.
Zerenia
Send a message

Post by Zerenia
fotrik wrote:FEATURE REQUEST
I want the traffic reports in the map but don't want the automatic pop-ups when the car stops. Please offer an option in settings menu to disable them. When I e.g. stop on traffic lights I still want to see the navigation and not what happened 50 km away. The automatic pop-ups are annoying and useless to me.
So, turn them off. Settings->Groups->Pop-up Reports->None.
Zerenia
Send a message

Post by ZioMeme
finneginsfast wrote:It's with great regret but I had to revert back to v2.4.0.26, unfortunately this is now the only way I can continue using waze...
V3 on iPhone is great, on my GN on 4.0.2 in absolutely unusable, continuos crash, phone restart and no possibility to use in landascape mode.
Is it possible to install an old version??
How to??

Regards,
Meme
ZioMeme
Send a message

Post by ZioMeme
finneginsfast wrote:Here's the list of releases, I downloaded the last stable version onto my phone's sdcard then just installed it from there.
http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2061
You saved my traffic navigation :D
Very Thanks
Meme
ZioMeme
Send a message