These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Totos_Plumbing
Why can't we "report irrelevant" things anymore?

Now that Waze is getting popular, there should be something to consolidate all of the traffic reported on a stretch of road that is experiencing the heavy traffic. For example, when I approach the MacArthur Maze in Oakland, CA, the screen gets flooded by report-bubbles. It gets a little cluttered.
Totos_Plumbing
Send a message

Post by treeboy
While entering text with soft keys when the screen changes from portrait to landscape or vice versa the previously typed text disappears.
treeboy
Send a message
Area Manager: Fort Bragg and Ukiah, California
Carrier: USCC Motorola Electrify
Android whatever come before ICS
Waze 3.0.0.0

Post by troyv
What happened to the popup that shows you that there is a "road event" ahead? I no longer get those, and instead I have to pay close attention to the Waze screen to watch for events. I have looked through all the settings and I can't find anything to turn them on (or off). From other comments, it sounds like they should still show up, any ideas on what is wrong?

Droid 2 running Android 2.3.3
troyv
Send a message

Post by troyv
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
troyv wrote:What happened to the popup that shows you that there is a "road event" ahead?
Are you certain these are for hazards on the same road you are on and set by the other person for the same direction you are traveling?
Almost positive. I haven't seen one in weeks of traveling.

Because I am not 100% positive, and no one else is seeing it, I'm not going to push it. What I will try to do though is become more proactive and try to go after a hazard. If that doesn't work, in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, 'I'll be back'! :)
troyv
Send a message

Post by twist69
I went back to 2.x version because on 3.x we lost top information bar (number of notifications, number of group notificatinons). To see notifications in 3.x now we must press at least 2 times on left bottom button. I loose my attention to road by pressing so much times on screen to get information. Maybe You could put 'notifications' button directly on screen with count of notifications.
If someone dont want such button on screen there could be possibility to select it in settings.
Im using HTC Desire HD in portrait mode.
twist69
Send a message

Post by twist69
Ok. maybe whole status bar is too big. But small button on right bottom side could be a solution. I mosly drive long distances outside cities. There are lot of moving police cars. While you reach spot where someone other wazer reported police they cold be +- 25 km from spot.
twist69
Send a message

Post by Vilcek
Hello,

The new Waze looks cool. But has many bugs. I am running Galaxy Nexus, ICS 4.0.2, screen rotation on Waze does not work. When starting in portrait mode, everything is ok, but after rotating to the landscape, only see half of the screen.
Also starting Waze in landscape make it crash.

Please fix these issues

Thx
Vilcek
Send a message

Post by Vilcek
Vilcek wrote:Hello,

The new Waze looks cool. But has many bugs. I am running Galaxy Nexus, ICS 4.0.2, screen rotation on Waze does not work. When starting in portrait mode, everything is ok, but after rotating to the landscape, only see half of the screen.

Please fix these issues

Thx
Hello, no response from a developer?

Waze is currently not usable on Galaxy Nexus. Rotation is not working, makes the device to restart.
Running: Galaxy Nexus
Stock Android : 4.0.2
Rooted

Waze 3.0.0.0

Thx
Vilcek
Send a message

Post by Vilcek
perlin wrote:
Vilcek wrote:
Vilcek wrote:Hello,

Please fix these issues

Thx
Hello, no response from a developer?

Waze is currently not usable on Galaxy Nexus. Rotation is not working, makes the device to restart.
Running: Galaxy Nexus
Stock Android : 4.0.2
Rooted

Waze 3.0.0.0

Thx
Hi,

As I wrote in the release notes (first post of this thread), currently there are compatibility problems with this device. We're aware of those issues and working as fast as we can to fix them.
Oh cool

thx for reply :)
Vilcek
Send a message

Post by will824
IMHO you should use some bugtracker like Bugzilla or Jira to track development and requested features from users instead of only forums/wikis.

:)
will824
Send a message