Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by autourdupc
With this version (not previous beta), I can't get the painting machine.
Each time I try to create a new road, nothing appear. Waze trie to put my car on the near existing road. When the existing road is too far, my car is moving on a blank area.
No new road is created.
Take a look at this screenshot. I put in Red the road that should be created. Nothing on the map.
screenshot-1328772328688.png
(86.59 KiB) Downloaded 740 times
autourdupc
Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by autourdupc
TonyG-UK wrote:Flashed Cyanogenmod 7.1 on my HTC Desire this week.

As others have reported here, I then discovered that Waze refused to acknowledge that I had a working data connection, and would timeout and then exit. All other apps work fine. This used to work fine on the HTC version of Android 2.3.3.

So, anyway, to cut to the chase. The only way I have found to work around this issue is to disable the JIT compiler in the advanced performance settings.
Very strange. I do have jit compiler enabled and wase works well for me.
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
dmcconachie wrote:You don't have to press a button at all for the segment to be marked as traffic and conversely even if you do it doesn't guarantee that the segment will be marked.

There are two versions of traffic report in waze, the manual one created by pressing the button and automatic reports created by the server monitoring your movement.

Manual reports slightly raise the chance of an automatic one but do not affect routing on their own!
The automatic traffic report seem to be a little wrong in calculation.
Most of the ime, the average speed is very different of my real speed.
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:
ThunderTech wrote:For the past couple of days, I've noticed that when i launch Waze, it already knows where I want to navigate to. Waze has learned my daily driving routine and all I have to do is hit OK and drive.
I never noticed this in the Beta releases (probably because I was installing them as they were being released and before it could document my daily driving routine. (It even knows my weekend routine as well)
This is a really nice feature! :)
It is actually a feature that they shut off on the server side for a while and only recently turned back on. :)
This is a crazy feature... If it is my daily driving routine, I know by heart the route, and do not need Waze to tell me where I have to go !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
fotrik wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:"ThunderTech"[For the past couple of days, I've noticed that when i launch Waze, it already knows where I want to navigate to. Waze has learned my daily driving routine and all I have to do is hit OK and drive.
I never noticed this in the Beta releases (probably because I was installing them as they were being released and before it could document my daily driving routine. (It even knows my weekend routine as well)
This is a really nice feature! :)]

It is actually a feature that they shut off on the server side for a while and only recently turned back on. :)
This is a crazy feature... If it is my daily driving routine, I know by heart the route, and do not need Waze to tell me where I have to go !
Why? It can always help you to find an alternative route when there is a traffic problem reported on your usual one. This is really helpful when going through large cities even when you can normally drive with your eyes closed.
Most of the time, when you drive on a well known route, you also know alternatives routes. Help is needed when you go to an unknown place - But this is my personnal point of view.
I use to de-activate this fucntionnality bec. it always asks me to help me returning back home from my office. 6 years I use the same route !
autourdupc
Send a message

autourdupc
Send a message

Post by bgodette
While reporting a hazard, if your route recalculates the report is canceled. Likely the same for other reports.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Bravcio
I have exactly the same problem like ke4pcx. Everything works more less OK, but i can see only some weird images but no map with roads (see attachment). But calculated route is shown :?
Samsung Galaxy Spica
Android 2.2.1 Froyo
Kernel: 2.6.29.6 root@i5700-dev-criminial#57
Mod: CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.3

Waze is installed od phone memory, not external SD card
Bravcio
Send a message
Attachments
Pozdrawiam
Dominik

Post by Brshk1
Waze 3.0.0.0 still says it has a communication problem with the servers when it tries to get routes to specific cities, just as previous betas. Again, a link to a couple of short videos:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 86#p135368

While I admit that this issue potentially affects a small amount of users, I also feel a little bit disappointed that it has not been solved in the official market release. My guess is that the client is unable to understand the server response and translates it into a 'Uh-oh' pop-up. If this is due to the address names, it might also happen in other locations.

The names of the two cities where routes fail, as they appear in the editor, are:
Iurreta, Bizkaia-Vizcaya, Spain
Durango, Bizkaia-Vizcaya, Spain

This behaviour started with beta 2.9.99.120, without map updates. In fact, in the livemap a route can be obtained.
Brshk1
Send a message
CM Spain & GC|| Xiaomi Mi A1 / 9.0 stock || Waze: latest

(Beti berandu!!!).

Post by Brshk1
harling wrote: I noticed something interesting. There is an intersection near my house that apparently has marginal 3G reception, because if I take it as a detour and Waze reroutes, it reverts to the built-in audible directions--and from that point on, all of the problems my phone has been having are GONE. Rerouting no longer slows the map display and UI to a crawl; for the most part it's as responsive as 2.x ever was.

So: what is the difference? It's not using the network to use TTS. Maybe it's routing within the client rather than contacting the routing server. For whatever reason, when it detects that it has gone offline for a while, whatever it does to compensate makes the bottleneck disappear. My money's still on an optimization in newer kernels, maybe additional buffering in the TCP stack that the new client depends on. If I can figure out how to trick it into thinking it's offline (maybe a brief trip to "Airplane Mode" will do it), I'll keep experimenting and see if I can characterize it any further.

Much more of this, though, and Waze will have to hire me as a consulting software engineer. :)
Guess what? If my phone goes to airplane mode after starting Waze, it can route me to the addresses that otherwise fail when it waits for the routing server response. Of course, I have that small area well cached.

And going back to normal mode, the blue splash screen appears until turned off.

I am going to try and activate debug mode, send some logs and open a support ticket.
Brshk1
Send a message
CM Spain & GC|| Xiaomi Mi A1 / 9.0 stock || Waze: latest

(Beti berandu!!!).