Android 3.0.0.0 - official feedback post

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android 3.0.0.0 - official feedback post

Postby Timbones » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:26 pm

ogre_x wrote:Why has the application added the permission to directly call numbers?

DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS
Allows the application to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious applications may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this does not allow the application to call emergency numbers.

On Facebook, Waze said "It used to be a requirement on some older phones and it's not required anymore. We will remove it in the next update."
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby autourdupc » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:47 pm

Still have the Navigation starting when launching Waze.

I have only One unique destination stored into Waze, and each time I start Waze, Navigation asks me for navigate to this destination.
It's boring !
This still on all beta versions.
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby torsverre » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:00 pm

It wouldn't update on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, so uninstalled to reinstall, but it will not install on my Galaxy Tab!!! Waze v2.4 worked fine. What has happened. I cannot install v.2.4 because it is not there, and now I am without Waze. Please HELP!!!
Tor Sverre
AM Randaberg/Stavanger
Kjører taxi med min Galaxy Tab 10.1 med Waze på dashbordet :)
torsverre

Postby markuskallander » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:39 pm

Two thirds of the map is black in landscape mode. Need to switch to another app and then back to Waze to view the whole map. Same issue as in beta 126.
Android 4.0.2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
markuskallander

Postby cheniro » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:40 pm

ogre_x wrote:Shows no map on Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Only a car icon.

Try going outdoor or to some place with better GPS and or 3G reception. When first initializing after installation Waze searches for your current location. A bad behavior (which we aware of, and working on to find better solution) is that if Waze can't get your current position you will get to the map (0,0) location. Once GPS fix is acquired you will see the map of your area.
cheniro

Postby segfaultex » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:49 pm

marka971 wrote:Two thirds of the map is black in landscape mode. Need to switch to another app and then back to Waze to view the whole map. Same issue as in beta 126.

I'm also seeing this behavior only in landscape mode though. The thin part of the map you can see has crazy graphical glitches and when I try to hit the back button the phone reboots. On GNex
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Android 4.0.3 CM9 Nightly
segfaultex

Postby markuskallander » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:08 pm

segfaultex wrote:
marka971 wrote:Two thirds of the map is black in landscape mode. Need to switch to another app and then back to Waze to view the whole map. Same issue as in beta 126.

I'm also seeing this behavior only in landscape mode though. The thin part of the map you can see has crazy graphical glitches and when I try to hit the back button the phone reboots. On GNex

I have not had the reboot problem. I did not have any landscape problems in 125.

Markus
Android 4.0.2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
markuskallander

Postby Brshk1 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Waze 3.0.0.0 still says it has a communication problem with the servers when it tries to get routes to specific cities, just as previous betas. Again, a link to a couple of short videos:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=135386#p135368

While I admit that this issue potentially affects a small amount of users, I also feel a little bit disappointed that it has not been solved in the official market release. My guess is that the client is unable to understand the server response and translates it into a 'Uh-oh' pop-up. If this is due to the address names, it might also happen in other locations.

The names of the two cities where routes fail, as they appear in the editor, are:
Iurreta, Bizkaia-Vizcaya, Spain
Durango, Bizkaia-Vizcaya, Spain

This behaviour started with beta 2.9.99.120, without map updates. In fact, in the livemap a route can be obtained.
CM España || Nexus 5 / Android 6 || BB Z10 / OS 10.3.1 || Waze: latest
II Encuentro Wazers Españoles.
Movember 2015, por una buena causa..
Brshk1
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Re: Re: Android 3.0.0.0 - official feedback post

Postby jenncard » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:39 pm

torsverre wrote:It wouldn't update on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, so uninstalled to reinstall, but it will not install on my Galaxy Tab!!! Waze v2.4 worked fine. What has happened. I cannot install v.2.4 because it is not there, and now I am without Waze. Please HELP!!!

Try here for previous market release
viewtopic.php?t=2061
Recovering Waze addict, occasional driver and editor in LA.
jenncard

Location: Somewhere in Los Angeles, but probably on my bicycle

Postby thefatveganchef » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:34 pm

I took a bit of a drive today. Foursquare bonding issues still persist.

It still had some issues connecting to the network even though the signal was there.

When it is connected it seems to be a lot more snappier than the betas (as mentioned before)

And I think this was mentioned before but I am going to expand a bit on it. When I start up Waze it always shows a pink user icon pointed in some direction or another, clicking on the icon shows a new anonymous user who's speed is 0, and who just started today. I don't know if this is actually working correctly or not though, because if they are a new user, then their icon would be the Waze baby icon and not a normal pink icon. It is always the male version of the icon.

I also hope the green g menu issue gets resolved, a lot of the screenshot software I have looked at to try to replace the one I have now either uses that context menu or uses something more complicated that requires me to get out of Waze, screenshot and get back in hoping it times it right.
(Formerly crazycomputingdotnet / ccdn)
http://crazycomputing.net
http://thefatveganchef.com
thefatveganchef
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App