Android 3.0.0.0 - official feedback post

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.0.0.0 - official feedback post

Postby torsverre » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:00 pm

It wouldn't update on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, so uninstalled to reinstall, but it will not install on my Galaxy Tab!!! Waze v2.4 worked fine. What has happened. I cannot install v.2.4 because it is not there, and now I am without Waze. Please HELP!!!
Tor Sverre
AM Randaberg/Stavanger
Kjører taxi med min Galaxy Tab 10.1 med Waze på dashbordet :)
torsverre

Re: Android 3.0.0.0 - CM 7.1 experiences

Postby TonyG-UK » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Flashed Cyanogenmod 7.1 on my HTC Desire this week.

As others have reported here, I then discovered that Waze refused to acknowledge that I had a working data connection, and would timeout and then exit. All other apps work fine. This used to work fine on the HTC version of Android 2.3.3.

So, anyway, to cut to the chase. The only way I have found to work around this issue is to disable the JIT compiler in the advanced performance settings.
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK
TonyG-UK

Postby TonyG-UK » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Try turning your WiFi off and restarting Waze, and see if you get any maps appear.
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK
TonyG-UK

Postby Timbones » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:26 pm

ogre_x wrote:Why has the application added the permission to directly call numbers?

DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS
Allows the application to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious applications may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this does not allow the application to call emergency numbers.

On Facebook, Waze said "It used to be a requirement on some older phones and it's not required anymore. We will remove it in the next update."
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: Re: Re: Android 3.0.0.0 - official feedback post

Postby Timbones » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:57 pm

ogre_x wrote:OK, doesn't show on my device when I pan away, but since no map data is showing either I suppose it's a graphical bug on the nexus?

There's an option to display map controls when you tap on the screen. The cross-hair should appear at the same time as the zoom and compass controls.
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby ThunderTech » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:42 pm

I like the feature of Waze remembering my daily driving routine and having it suggest the destination I always use every time when I first launch the application. (i.e. When I leave home for work in the morning, when I leave work for home in the evening, when I leave home for church on Sunday, and when I leave church for home after service),
I typically use navigate every time I drive somewhere. (As opposed to just having Waze turned on and not Navigating, simply because it will remember my driving routes, and I can sort Traffic Reports by "Along Route".)

IMO - If it is a recurring event that takes place the same time of day from the same location, then Waze should suggest the usual destination. However, if the user has a routine of "not navigating" when they launch the application, then Waze should be intelligent enough to not suggest a destination because that doesn't match the users daily routine. (This is a huge red flag because it will becoming an nuisance to the user instead of an assistance)
I presumed that Waze had coded some Artificial Intelligence into the Server/Client, but apparently that isn't the algorithm they applied.
HTC Thunderbolt (ADR6400L) InfectedROM Eternity v1.70, Android Version 2.3.4, HTC Sense 2.1
iGrip PerfektFit Car Dock, Jawbone ERA Headset
Client: Android v3.2.2.0
ThunderTech

Postby ThunderTech » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:21 pm

For the past couple of days, I've noticed that when I launch Waze, it already knows where I want to navigate to. Waze has learned my daily driving routine and all I have to do is hit OK and drive.
I never noticed this in the Beta releases (probably because I was installing them as they were being released and before it could document my daily driving routine. (It even knows my weekend routine as well)
This is a really nice feature! :)
Last edited by ThunderTech on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HTC Thunderbolt (ADR6400L) InfectedROM Eternity v1.70, Android Version 2.3.4, HTC Sense 2.1
ThunderTech

Postby ThunderTech » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:56 pm

I keep getting a Pop-Up on the screen that says...
You are no longer a baby.
bla bla bla bla blli bli bli
This started yesterday. Is this a bug?
I have the Waze Royalty rank on the client. (93965 Points)
Is anybody else seeing this pop up on their Android 3.0.0.0 client?
ThunderTech

Postby ThunderTech » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:44 am

Waze 3.0.0.0 is working solid on my HTC Thunderbolt running the stock unrooted factory ROM on a Verizon LTE 4G network.
Graphics responsiveness is acceptable, though there are moments when the Car Icon laggs slightly from my current position, but I suspect that a faster dual-core processor would be even more responsive, showing no lag.
Android Version 2,3,4
HTC Sense Version 2.1
Software version 2.11.605.9
I have successfully mitigated the Blue Waze Splash screen problem by using the CAR MODE app (by Andrew Schwimmer) to disable the Card Dock after placing my phone in the Car Dock and then launching Waze. The random Waze Splash screens have not occurred since I've began performing this procedure before launching Waze.
The loss of all the side-roads when traveling faster than 56 mph (in 3D or 2D modes) is annoying, especially when not in navigation mode, because all I can see are major highways.
There is no clipping of Voice Guidance on my Jawbone ERA BlueTooth. It is working as expected.
GPS Locks have been solid. Have not had a single skip in GPS data with any of the Beta versions 2.9.99.119 - .226 and the final release 3.0.0.0
I haven't paved any roads with the Release version yet (though I had run into a minor bug when paving with one of the beta releases.) I will give that a try later this weekend.
Last edited by ThunderTech on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderTech

Postby ThunderTech » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 pm

MoebiusStreet wrote:I'm disappointed after the 3.0 upgrade. This feels like a step backwards to me.

Most significant is a “feature” that causes all local roads to disappear at speeds over 40mph; this is a big disadvantage on local roads with a 50mph limit, as is common in rural areas.

I notice the same thing in 2D mode but the roads disappear at 55mph, The same happens in 3D mode as well. I thought that the roads used to remain at all speeds in 3D Mode. All I see are primary roads or greater when I reach 55 mph while negating. (I'll experiment without Navigation enabled tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.) I'd hate to miss a turnoff while doing 60mph & driving down a US Highway. Interstates wouldn't matter, but driving on US Highways and on Primary roads, a person could miss a street if the Auto Zoom on speed causes the streets to disappear... especially at higher speeds.
Last edited by ThunderTech on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderTech

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App