These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

OnePlus 2 rotation problem

Post by UriTidhar
I have just bought a new OnePlus 2 smartphone.
When I put it on the side, Waze doesn't rotate. All other application rotate as expected.
Any solution around?
UriTidhar

POSTER_ID:17129691

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
What OS does the OnePlus 2 run on? If it's Windows Phone, there are several threads about Waze not supporting rotation on that OS.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by bboywins
I have the same problem. I did uncover a workaround. Launch the app. Rotate the phone. Then click on the bottom left Waze icon to pull up the Menu. Tap the Settings icon (the wheel) and then the screen will rotate.

Not sure why Waze is affected, as at least one other app (Chrome) rotates correctly. But it's likely an Oxygen OS problem.
bboywins
Send a message

Post by daveling
It happens w/ Google Maps as well. Yeah, I think it's Oygen OS prob.

Workaround:
1) Ensure Auto-rotate is on
2) start Waze
3) hold phone in landscape position
4) "Recents" button
5) Choose Waze
daveling
Send a message

Post by MoodZy
AndyPoms wrote:What OS does the OnePlus 2 run on? If it's Windows Phone, there are several threads about Waze not supporting rotation on that OS.
The OnePlus 2 runs on OxygenOS, an alternative build of Android (a bit like CyanogenMod f.ex.)
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/Waze_signature_AM_only.png