These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze app v3.9.6.1

Post by altonb1
I apologize if this isn't the correct place for this topic, but I have been having issues with Notifications on my iPhone 5S running iOS 8.4.1. (Actually on previous iOS versions, too, but currently 8.4.1)

In my Inbox on the app, I get messages occasionally stating that I have missed a notification because Waze Notifications are set to OFF in my phone's settings. The instructions state to go to iPhone Settings, select Notifications, select Waze, and then make sure Notifications, Alerts, Badges and Sounds are switched on.

I can get as far as Settings/Notifications--but Waze does not appear under this section at all. There is an option under Settings for Waze if I scroll to the bottom of this screen, but nothing about notifications listed--Location is set to Always and everything else is enabled.

I did read something a couple of months ago that I could reset my settings permissions, and I tried that, but all it did was force me to grant the app access to various options on the phone again--it did not resolve my issue with not being able to enable notifications. Any suggestions?
altonb1

POSTER_ID:16965282

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Try this...

In Waze hit Menu (Lower Left) -> Settings -> Notifications (you will probably have to scroll down) - then make sure that "Enable Push Notifications" is turned on. That's where the setting is on my Android, so your iPhone may be different, but I think you're confusing the iPhone settings and the Waze settings.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ