These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Bluetooth Issues

Post by ajfiorillo
Hello everyone,

I absolutely love the waze app and community. The only problem which i cannot get around is the ability for waze to give me turn by turn navigation through my car speakers over the bluetooth. I have searched this forum and tried everything i found but to no such luck. I have an iphone 6 with iOS 9 and running waze 3.9.6.1. I have tried the following:

1. Start waze and start navigating.
2. Once i hear any prompts on the phone speaker i plug in the usb cable.
3. Turn on the car and let the bluetooth pair.

This did not work for me. I tired resetting my car setting to factory and wiped all bluetooth profiles to start from scratch but even when i added the phones back it still did not work.

sometimes i do see a phone call coming in but i hear nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this? where you able to resolve it?

Thanks,
Al
ajfiorillo

POSTER_ID:16961179

Send a message

Post by ajfiorillo
I think i know what the problem is. I have a 2016 honda pilot and noticed that when i make bluetooth phone calls the audio does not switch to the phone call until someone picks up the phone on the other end. I think this change in the way honda handles the bluetooth call is affecting waze calls as well.
ajfiorillo
Send a message

Post by anbr6
I too am having a similar problem. Used to have no problem hearing voice instruction. Now, with waze sound default set to IPhone Speaker, as soon as I plug in to stay charged it defaults to Line Out and will not give me the choice of IPhone speaker or Bluetooth and does not play. Sometimes if I get or make a call or plug it in and out while it's running, it finally finds its voice. I'm hoping a new version of the app might soon fix this new bug.
anbr6
Send a message

Post by BrianQX60
After testing the latest Waze version on the latest iOS (iPhone 7) on my new 2017 Infiniti QX60 I agree with your assessment. If you are streaming music from your phone over BT, Waze mutes the music and comes over the car speakers perfectly with no clipped audio instructions. If I'm listening to car-sourced music the audio instructions from Waze are clipped or don't come through at all. It appears Waze is not initiating a BT alert in non-streaming mode correctly. This seems like something that should be pretty simple to fix (I'm a software engineer).
BrianQX60
Send a message

Post by Cyrano_ak
Still got issues here. No sound when connected via BT. And when the USB-cable is attached and Apple Carplay is activated (which happens automatically), it will always switch to Apple Carplay when listening to FM-radio. So I have to manually switch back to FM after receiving a notification or an instruction.
Cyrano_ak
Send a message

Post by David_7f
I have the same problem with my 2015 Honda CRV using a Nokia Windows phone. 95% of the time I have no audible directions. The App Menu shows the audio is on. I tried the other audio selections with no change. It is not safe to have to look at the phone all the time for visual directions.
David_7f
Send a message

Post by David_7f
My phone is using Ver. 8.1
David_7f
Send a message

Post by DavidAbarca
Please give the steps you usually follow when using Waze
Also the model of your car an head unit would be great

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Global Waze Champ

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by DavidAbarca
unlimitedsounds wrote:I was testing beta version and Bluetooth was fine in my car. Now since release, it doesn't work right. Sometimes I get no sound and other times it starts to work but then as I continue to drive, in have no voice.
Don't duplicate post, you already opened a new thread with the same description

Sent from my iPad using Tap
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by DavidAbarca
unlimitedsounds wrote:Sorry I figured since someone else has similar issue I would chime in
It's, ok please check before post
This is an existing bug, and it has been reported again to the devs, and they are working on it
Please, make an extensive description of when this bug shows up, phone model and Headunit model or headset model
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tap
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version