Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by rickshaw49
ynkefan wrote:SAME here. Waze will not play through Bluetooth UNLESS i am on phone OR listening to music through IPHone....I have a Honda. Anyone figure it out?
It amazes me that hundreds of forums and hundreds of complaints re android/waze/bluetooth and the only solutions are a "try this it might work" which never does and no positive solution from Waze/Android. I don't normally like to hijack forums with complaints but this is bullship.
rickshaw49
Send a message

Post by rmhughes0711
As a business traveler, I find myself pairing my phone to a multitude of cars. Some behave better than others. Here is what I have found works most of the time.

1.The car must be OFF and the phone NOT plugged in.
2. Launch Waze and start my route navigation.
3. WAIT until Waze says "Let's go..." thru the iPhone speaker.
4. Now I can plug the phone into the USB cable.(If I plug the phone into the USB cable *before* Waze has uttered any audio then it won't work. I MUST wait for Waze to speak thru the iPhone's speaker first.)
5. Now start the car.

If I follow that exact sequence the Bluetooth will work.....most of the time. For those times it does not, I have found that if I initiate a phone call over Bluetooth of 2-3 minutes, it kind of "wakes up" Waze and it starts working.

See if it works for you.
rmhughes0711
Send a message

Post by sailmorc
PLEASE HELP US!!!! It's very frustrating having voice guidance clipped off via Bluetooth to my car's audio. Happens no matter which vehicle I'm in. I'm currently using an Iphone 6S, but did it with a 5, and with all the IOS upgrades. This is VERY annoying. For example, (in 100 yards) "Please turn right". I have uninstalled/re-installed, but no better.
How about a fix?? It's been occurring for over a year.
sailmorc
Send a message

Post by sailmorc
Any idea when that's planned? The app has become almost unusable to me, missing voice instructions either at the beginning, in the middle, or at the end of the directions. The cut-off is not consistent.
I've uninstalled/reinstalled, upgraded phones, upgraded iOS, rebooted, changed voices, turned "prefer Bluetooth" on/off. Nothing works.
Waze........just fix it!! Please.
sailmorc
Send a message

Post by sailmorc
Finally, after the most recent upgrade, the issue is BETTER...but not totally fixed. Some verbal instructions still seem to be cut off a bit at the beginning - just the first word or two.
Whatever you did, it helped my issue somewhat.
Thanks.
sailmorc
Send a message

Post by sailmorc
Well, after a period when I thought WAZE driving instructions being cut off at the beginning had been improved after an update, I now have the same level of "truncated" verbal instructions as before. This is still using the WAZE app through the car speakers, via Bluetooth. Sometimes are worse than others.
How about fixing this long-ago reported issue!!
sailmorc
Send a message

Post by sam49r
Today is the first time I used Waze since new update, I drive a 2015 CRV, use iPhone 6 plus, Waze is heard via Bluetooth. Today voice navigation would stop working, I restart, works for a while then stops. I also listen to Pandora while I use Waze. I notice that when it does work the volume goes up on both apps after, Pandoras volume stays low until Waze comes in. This did not happen before update. :?:
sam49r
Send a message

Post by SamMcoh
I have a similar issue. I get audio as Bluetooth (as set) UNTIL I plug my phone into the lightning cable (I.e. It's an iPhone). Then Waze switches to USB Output with no other option. And I then have no audio until I unplug it.
SamMcoh
Send a message

Post by sarlacc54
I have an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 9.3.3. I've recently purchased a 2016 Honda Pilot. I can't seem to get the audio from the Waze app to work through the vehicle's Bluetooth.

The Google Maps app as well as all other apps, work reliably with Bluetooth.

Is anyone else having the same issues?

Thanks
sarlacc54
Send a message

Post by savkapod
SAME PROBLEM!!!

new version of WAZE the alerts and directions are NOT audible through the car speakers! The music mutes but NO voice comes out. If the source is Bluetooth then works fine but not if the source is anything other then Bluetooth. Tried every combination of settings. Does NOT work! (where as it clearly did in the old version)

Made Waze from a 5 star app to a 2 star app!! (the fact that road events, hazards, Cops etc are now dots and not actual pictures also makes it LESS usable)

Fix it!

upgrade it is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
savkapod
Send a message