These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by FrankBPeaceful69
I am having trouble getting Waze sound to come out of the car speakers. I have iOS 9.0.1 and Waze 3.9.6.1. It is usually in a 2015 Chevy with "My Link". The the phone is bluetooth linked with the car audio. About half the time the Waze audio is silent. I'm not sure of all the possible combinations of when I turn on navigation (before/after bluetooth linking, before/after attaching the USB for charging), sound to speaker/Prefer bluetooth/neither, playing pandora before/after turning on navigation, etc. Today I could start navigation and sound would play thru the car audio until I attached the USB cable. this was very repeatable --- USB attached, no sound -- Unplug USB, sound works.
Yesterday on a long trip I was able to use Waze thru the car audio while listening to pandora (USB attached) from my phone. Stopped for a break, when I got back in, no sound from from Waze.

I am looking to find a single configuration/turn on sequence/sound setting that works while I am listening to Pandora and/or receiving a phone call. This seems to work fine with Google map navigation
FrankBPeaceful69
Send a message

Post by GregoryColum
Maybe someone can help, i want Waze sound to work thru my car radio(it has Bluetooth) while i am traveling. someone said to go to settings and select 'sound & voice" Which i found, then select "sound output" which is not an option that i can find, and finally select as"play as Bluetooth phone call". Which is something i can't find also. Maybe i have an old version. whatever, i need help cuz i can't hear the voice commands on my phone while driving. help.
GregoryColum
Send a message

Post by GregoryColum
How do i get waze commands to play over my Bluetooth Sirius xm radio? thx
GregoryColum
Send a message

Post by GregoryColum
How to get directions and notices from my android LG phone using Bluetooth to my sirus xm Bluetooth equipped radio??
GregoryColum
Send a message

Post by GregoryColum
Got my answer:found out my LG android phone doesn't have that option, my wifes i phone works fine.
GregoryColum
Send a message

Post by gutrixio
Hello,

I would suggest you to contact directly with the Waze support team with this link.

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6276841

--
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by jacan
So i converted from Iphone to android where on iphone you used to get waze alerts via bluetooth while listening to the radio if Waze was in the foreground.
So when i tried this on my Motorola G4 i discover that it doest work, it only works if you are streaming audio, i check my car for A2DP compatibility ( VW GTI 2015) and it complies.
After weeks of troubleshooting i can tell based on my research that both Waze and Google Maps dont have the proper code to send alerts via bluetooth in non streaming mode.
I installed Sygic where the offer the proper way to send alerts (via speaker, via blueetooth streaming, via blueetooth as a phone call ) and you know what, the alerts on Sygic work perfect.
This is the same case in Google Maps with the test sound.
So i hope that one day we can enjoy our loved app waze the way that it should be.
I have used Waze since it was introduced and i was very happy in Iphone, i must say that im not that much in love in the android platform
jacan
Send a message

Post by jmitch527
I'm having a similar sound issue. Waze works fine through my iPhone 6 speaker until I plug in my lightning cable to charge the phone. As long as the lightning cable is plugged in I get no audio instructions. Connecting via Bluetooth can be a pain with rental cars, so I avoid it. It seems that either a recent Waze update or an Apple update to account for the lack of a micro jack on newer iPhones has created this issue. Hope this issue is addressed soon. Waze drains my battery quickly and I need to be able top both charge my phone and simultaneously get audio directions.
jmitch527
Send a message

Post by kenallens
I have the same problem with my 2015 Honda Accord, IPhone 6. IOS 9.0.1. I have tried a number of things as mentioned by other users above and no luck. The car audio system switches from the audio source (FM, XM, Am, et.) as if it is getting a phone call but no sound comes through. If I have the source as music from the IPhone it will work fine. Also if I use Apple Maps that works fine through Bluetooth.
kenallens
Send a message

Post by larryd517
I've been using Waze in my 2008 Camry with Bluetooth (an early generation) for years. I keep the app and iPhone up to date.
Lately, I'm unable to get sound from Bluetooth (sound works if I use the AUX cable).
I've checked the settings
Sound is set to ON
Volume is set mid range and the car's volume is sufficiently loud
Sound Output is set to Play as Bluetooth phone call.
I tried setting it to Device default and Play on phone speaker but the commands come from iPhone speaker, not the car's speakers via Bluetooth.
My car's audio displays "...Talking" when Waze wants to give turn directions but there is no sound.
I have speeding alerts set, the car displays "...Talking" and can hear the chime/beep, so I know the Bluetooth is communicating properly with Waze, but can not hear any turn by turn directions (sounds like the app is the problem, no?)
I deleted the app, rebooted the iPhone and downloaded a new version of the app, to no avail.
Again, it worked properly for years.
Any clues?
larryd517
Send a message