These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Sound - voices - Stephen Colbert

Post by ANG-Chap
What happened to Colbert? My family loved the humor injected into the sterile world of navigation. I know you've got Jay Leno now but we will miss Colbert. I guess you only contracted him for the month of September. Hope he comes back.

I've now opted for the British woman. But hope you'll bring in more personalities.

Big fan of your app. Giving me alternate routes due to traffic patterns saves me much time.
ANG-Chap

POSTER_ID:17138531

Send a message

Post by ByakheeDave
I'm gutted - I'd be willing to pay Waze actual money to keep using Colbert. Total disappointment. :sad:

ByakheeDave
Send a message

DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Global Waze Champ

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by rphmom2
PLEASE BRING BACK COLBERT permanently! He made driving so much better. I'm so sad that he is no longer an option. I couldn't believe how happy it made me the first time I heard his voice. Don't just tease us and then take it away. I have been using this app for several years (prior to it being bought out). I had not been using it as much until Stephen appeared in the app but now I was using it almost every day. Super disappointed!!!!!! I would also pay for an upgrade just to have his voice back.
rphmom2
Send a message

Post by vince1612
I'm not sure what the actual contracts say when Waze has a promotional or temporary voice. But I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have the right to bring it back after the end of the period of time that was agreed on.

Perhaps it would be more effective to ask Stephen Colbert to grant Waze the right to use his voice permanently rather than ask them to add back a voice they probably can't legally use anymore.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png