These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by sketch
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
markwu wrote:So there may be three different volume settings?
I've often thought that iOS was keeping track of the last volume setting by app, but I really have no clue if that's accurate.
It is true. If I listen to music at low volume to go to sleep at night, the next morning my Waze instructions will be too low to hear.

There are more than two volume settings in iOS, sure. There are three basic ones -- app audio volume, ringer volume, and telephone volume; also, each volume is saved separately for each possible output method, e.g., telephone volume over Bluetooth, app audio volume over headphones... the OS even saves a separate volume state depending on whether your headphones have a built-in microphone.

The ringer volume setting actually shows a speaker also, just with the text "ringer" above it. If you have "Change with Buttons" turned off, you should never see this, because the buttons will always change the app audio volume (if you are not on a call).

I'll have to test it with Waze specifically, but if it is behaving like you say it is, it seems like a bug either with iOS or with Waze. There simply isn't another volume to set.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
That's what it is. It may not be the most clearly named function, but that's what it is.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by stickytree
The automatic day/night switching is not working correctly for my location. When I switch on at around 8:30 am it starts in day mode and switches immediately to night mode. By about midday it seems to have sorted it out. It also changes to night mode correctly at the other end of the day. It just doesn't seem to know when the sun rises!
S
stickytree
Send a message

Post by stickytree
stickytree wrote:The automatic day/night switching is not working correctly for my location. When I switch on at around 8:30 am it starts in day mode and switches immediately to night mode. By about midday it seems to have sorted it out. It also changes to night mode correctly at the other end of the day. It just doesn't seem to know when the sun rises!
S
Any progress on this?
stickytree
Send a message

Post by tardis_dc
gettingthere wrote:
Mercedestech wrote:Agreed, I'm having the same issue since the last build. When I'm leaving work or home Waze will start navigating to work or home unless I click cancel.
This has nothing to do with the last client build. This is a server process that Waze recently re-wrote and re-enabled. There is an option in the client to turn it off if you don't like it. This feature was also available in Waze 2.4 - but generally has not been working properly since Waze started re-working their infrastructure in August 2011.
Can you tell me where in the settings I can turn this auto-navigation off? I'm running the iOS client and have been unable to find this switch. Thanks!
tardis_dc
Send a message

Post by tasmaine
I have to say I hate this version - it simply does not work. This week I drove both 150 miles south of Portland, ME (i.e. south of Boston), and 150 miles north (north of Bangor). In neither case was I able to connect to a signal, even though I have no problem connecting in Portland. It was kind of weird driving on the Interstate and the app not even recognizing that I was on a road.

So, not only is it a bummer that I didn't get 1000 points for driving 500 miles in one week, but I've rapidly concluded that I cannot rely on Waze. I guess it's time to get a real GPS, if I want something I can rely on.
tasmaine
Send a message

Post by tasmaine
It would be nice to assume this, but since I have AT&T, and these occurrences were on two different days, I would say not likely. I had cellular coverage all the time, but could not connect to the route servers. I also have a nationwide plan and have not had issues connecting in far more rural areas than these.

I won't exclude the carrier, but don't think it is likely with the info I have now.
tasmaine
Send a message

Post by teskicks
I have not been able to connect to the WAZE network via 3G for several days. Connect fine when in WIFI. When traveling I get a "Searching network..." message at the top of the screen. This has been happening for several days.

An idea what is going on?
teskicks
Send a message

Post by teskicks
gettingthere wrote:
teskicks wrote:I have not been able to connect to the WAZE network via 3G for several days. Connect fine when in WIFI. When traveling I get a "Searching network..." message at the top of the screen. This has been happening for several days.

An idea what is going on?
Have you tried toggling Airplane mode or restarting your device?
That did it. Thank you
teskicks
Send a message

Post by thebuca
Couple issues from today:

1) "Report police" immediately reports a police trap without asking for info. I needed to specify it was visible and in the other lane.

2) There is now a pause with TTS between the command and the road name. Good change. But it'd be nice to take it a step further and pause between the slashes in the road name. When following best practices and using the last sign's text, it can get a little crazy and all run together.

3) How about learning who to auto text with the shared destination? It'd save me from sending the daily "on the way home my dearest love muffin" text.

4) When using the speaking function, at what point is your position saved? When you first activate it by waving, when it recognizes your command, or when it actually sends the report?
thebuca
Send a message
Area Manager: South Central Pennsylvania - Harrisburg, Carlisle, York
iPhone 4 / iPad 2 / iOS 5