iOS Version 3.1 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Postby TheBuca » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:50 am

mikeshappell wrote:I am not 100% positive that this is a 3.1 issue (yet), but none of my trips today have made it into my dashboard on Waze. All of my previous drives have appeared rather quickly with the previous release, but none have shown up since upgrading to 3.1.

Mike

Device: iPhone 4 (IOS 5.x) using 30-pin connector to in-dash stereo. Prefer Bluetooth, no; Play sound to phone speaker, no.

Same here. I checked and none of today's driving has shown up except for the morning commute on the old version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Area Manager: South Central Pennsylvania - Harrisburg, Carlisle, York
iPhone 4 / iPad 2 / iOS 5
TheBuca

Re: iOS Version 3.1 Feedback Thread

Postby TheBuca » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:01 am

I ran into the same issue as AlanoftheBerg with the ETA time being wrong (intermittently), but I ran into this issue today. Name has been changed to protect the innocent :lol:

EDIT: Quick on the trigger. Forgot to add that this was an auto destination for my commute home. Opened the app and didn't touch a thing...it routed me home.
Attachments
photo.PNG
photo.PNG (177.07 KiB) Viewed 980 times
TheBuca

Postby TheBuca » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:54 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
gettingthere wrote:They can work on both in parallel :)

I don't think they can much with the size of the team.

Being someone who is intimately familiar with "how it works" behind the scenes, I'd love to hear how their infrastructure is designed. Is this an AWS issue or is their stuff hosted in-house (I saw an AWS address for something)? Is this from waze not having a real DBA who can scale/optimize, not having a real sysadmin who can scale/optimize, or from backend coders who are struggling?

I hear a lot about a "small team". They're on to something big here. Maybe it's time to bring on more members of the team :)

TheBuca

Postby TheBuca » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 am

Linkage: Permalink

See the screenshot. Burgs Ln and the parking lot road are showing up at max zoom level. That section of Burgs Ln is marked as level 2 because it passes over Rt 30. If it makes a difference, I drove on both those roads prior to getting on Rt 30.

Not sure whether this is a map tile issue or a new version issue.

Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329353713.065513.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329353713.065513.jpg (68.35 KiB) Viewed 781 times
TheBuca

Postby TheBuca » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 am

Had a new bug today. iOS 5.1 using v3.1.1.

The highway is about 200' from my office building. The GPS had me in the correct place on the road infront of my building, the routing had me correctly being routed about a mile and a half of road in order to get on that highway, but there was a hazard reported close to my building. I was physically located 500' from the hazard so I had a warning saying it was in 450', but in reality it was probably 2+ miles of road.

Seems like it threw up the hazard warning based on my proximity to it rather than the road miles to it.

Unfortunately I couldn't grab a screen shot. Maybe someone can reproduce it and provide more info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
TheBuca

Postby TheJustPull85 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:49 pm

I stream audio from my phone but haven't tried with blue tooth. I usually use the tape adapter that hooks into my 3.5 connector on my iPhone.
TheJustPull85

Postby thenbagis » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:32 pm

markwu wrote:I'm having similar problems. Since the 3.1 update, I get almost no sound. (I think it's there, but very faint.) I've tried changing my main volume, changing my ringer volume, turning bluetooth on or off, toggling the sound through the speaker, toggling the "Prefer Bluetooth" option, and none of it helps. I do use the phone connected to the Sync system in my car (which has its own problems), but 3.0.1 had no such issues. I love that I can set a volume for the app itself now, but only if it actually worked.

iPhone 4S, 5.0.1 (AT&T)

Mark-

I was having the same issue and it was driving me crazy... But then I figured it out. There is a separate OS related volume, that I can't seem to access anywhere, except when noise is being played. Try this... Click "Navigate" then choose a location (home, work, etc) then when the route summary appears click "Go", then immediately, click the "up volume" on the side of the iPhone and you will see that the "OS related volume" was low... (or at least it was on mine).

(The point of this method is to force waze to play audio "Let's go" and then tell the iPhone that you want the volume to be higher on that audio)
thenbagis

Postby thenbagis » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:33 pm

perlin wrote:thenbagis, you are correct.
The audio problems will be fixed for next version.

Awesome! Any time table for the update? (i.e. will it be a maintenance/bug fix release... maybe 3.1.1. or will it be more of a feature update 3.2)
thenbagis

Re: iPhone update

Postby UnfortunateBystander » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:26 am

luicer wrote:I updated waze today in the morning on my iPhone and noticed that the back button doesn't work after the update. If you go into a tab and use the "back" button doesn't work. The only way to exit entirely is to close the tab with the " close" button.

mod edit: This was a new topic in the General forum. I merged the topics.

I noticed this as well. It takes approximately four 'presses' of the 'back' button before it registers.
iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.1
UnfortunateBystander

Postby univtex34 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Handsfree notification will not work while in landscape mode, works fine in portrait, but I cannot get it to activate in landscape....
univtex34

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App