These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Start Up Screen and "Old Eyes" ... Suggestion ...

Post by timgatton
I use Waze on a permanently mounted Nexus 7 on the dash of my Rav4. I start up the tablet and get Waze running as I pull out of the driveway. I have about 2 minutes to decide "go freeway or side streets" ... but every once in awhile (like this AM), you decide to put up some stupid question or information that requires me to read it and answer it ... and at 63, you are requiring me to pull over (where there is NO SHOULDER) and GET OUT MY READING GLASSES and read the dam thing. Seriously ???????? Can't you save those items for when I'm turning OFF the app??? and I have the luxury of digging out my reading glasses ???
timgatton

POSTER_ID:17009048

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
I got me a pair of bifocal sunglasses :D

Waze was developed by youngsters for youngsters. It does not follow font size settings. And it is not going to change until Waze developers age a little. By then I will be six feet under and you still will hear me complain.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by SoulBurgers
What kind of "reading crap"? Like Waze asking you if there really is a car stopped on the shoulder?
SoulBurgers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by SoulBurgers
I feel like you're in a very, very small minority of people who don't start Waze before they leave and can't or don't want to bother reading what the app is saying. Maybe just wait until the app has started before you leave?

Interactive messages are a main selling point of Waze. ;)
SoulBurgers
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by timgatton
Agreed ... but if they'd put that reading crap at the TURN OFF end, it would make life a lot easier.
timgatton
Send a message

Post by timgatton
No ... I think they are asking if I want to update the app ... really don't know as I just press what looks like reply buttons until the prompt goes away. Too busy driving to mess with digging out my reading glasses and reading it. Just start the damn app.
timgatton
Send a message

Post by vince1612
timgatton wrote:I think they are asking if I want to update the app
If that is the only reason that you get a pop-up on the screen (usually others for alerts or ads go away if you are moving) then why don't you want to update ?
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png